Sign in to follow this  
jrisles

Isolation Platform for Sota Cosmos?

I sent an email sometime ago to SOTA and i mean sometime ago enquiring about a possible isolation platform for the Sota Cosmos and Donna replied advising me that Sota have produced their own commercial Isolation Platform. After a couple of email exchanges about the same time she mentioned she would send me through a pic of one. Bit in about 12mths and after a couple of casual emails back to them i have enquired about this again and again and i have received nothing in response. I can't even find anything online about them other than my own posts i made on Audiogon sometime ago. Do you know if these even exist? And if so do you have a pic of one? I checked your website and couldn't see anything. Thank You

Perhaps Cameron of KA can extract more info from Donna.

Hey Jeff - yes I'm familiar with the platform, which basically is a Cosmos arm board sized to fit under the turntable. Here's a pic, I'm yet to receive confirmation of availability and price however but will chase Donna up for you and let everyone know. Cheers Cameron.

sotaisolation.jpg

Roger that! From memory of some old discussions the pricing was fairly good. Failing that I've had some great recent success with SRA platforms that I retail for $1,580 (VR level). 

I received this response from Donna on the 17/03/13;

"Yes, you are correct in that the Cosmos has environmental isolation with the spring suspension.  But, if you're looking for an isolationplatform, maybe we can help.  SOTA, or more specifically Kirk, designed an isolation platform for our entry level models.  This platform can now be used for any of our models.  It features characteristics similar to the Cosmos armboard in that it is multiple layers of acrylic coupled with hard and soft metals.  We've added weight ratio polymer feet to finish it off.  It's high gloss black finish makes it look sexy too.  The platform sized for the Cosmos will sell for $750.00"

So the isolation platform is not as wide as the turntable?

Edited by jrisles

Not in the instance of the Moonbeam pictured, but the feet are wider apart on the Cosmos so the platform for that will be larger. Whether it's the same dimensions as the plinth I'm unsure (so will check that too). Would your preference be full size, or are you indifferent?

Edited by Krispy Audio

Not in the instance of the Moonbeam pictured, but the feet are wider apart on the Cosmos so the platform for that will be larger. Whether it's the same dimensions as the plinth I'm unsure (so will check that too). Would your preference be full size, or are you indifferent?

Aesthetically it would look better if it was full size. Actually looking at the width of the feet on my Cosmos they are quite wide - so the width difference to get full length wouldn't be huge. The width of the feet on my Sapphire however don't go quite as wide. Amazing they have all these subtle differences between the models. I am no TT designer but wouldn't you think some things would be standard with every model of TT they build?  :)

Edited by jrisles