Sign in to follow this  
lovetube

The Univector tonearm

The Univector tonearms are hand made by me right here in Australia, and have become increasingly popular here locally and also overseas.

There are two finishes and two wood wand types available only - arm length available is 9.5" , 10.5" and 12".

Arm wand choice is Cocobolo or African black ebony, and finish is Chrome plated bronze gunmetal or Nickel Satin bronze gunmetal.

1752832_orig.jpg

The Univector is a Unipivot design, using swiss Jewel Sapphire bearing and precise machined high grade stainless steel bearing post, providing the arm almost Zero Friction bearing and providing outstanding tracking ability. The arm wands are African Ebony and Cocobolo rosewood, other wood wand types can be requested as a special ordered. They are Precision tapper turned and drilled, finishing with highly polished and special mix of bees wax applied to protect the wood and to provide an excellent natural finish to the wood wands without altering the woods property. All wood used on our wands are well seasoned and aged and all parts are made in house. Arm lift is hydraunic type imported from Japan. It is VTA adjustable, fine tuning VTF and Azimuth adjustable. The overhang is adjustable via headshell slot. The Anti-skate is SME style. All features on the arm was designed to be fully user adjustable. The tonearm wiring uses lizt wires from 1877 phono, discovery wires, the standard design with wooden RCA interface box, but with the option of continued wiring from cartridge clips to phono stage is possible. All tonearm will include 2 headshells, stainless steel mounting template. Finishing available in Chrome or Satin Nickel.
Mounting design is standard Linn Mount (3 holes), SME mount can be provided with special order (extra cost).

Available in 9.5", 10.5" and 12"
Price is $1950 for the 12",  $1800 for the 10.5",  $1700 for the 9.5".
Additional continued wiring add $195.00.
Pure silver wiring also available if requested add $195.

http://www.goldenageaudio.com.au/univector-tonearm.html

As they are hand-made, lead and delivery time is 7~10 days .

Please call or PM me if I can help you with a Univector enquiry.
Make sure you mention you are a StereoNET member. :)

Cheers :)

Duc

post-109335-0-14031500-1398248866_thumb.

post-109335-0-70206700-1398248878_thumb.

post-109335-0-57943400-1398248892_thumb.

post-109335-0-29147700-1398248909_thumb.

Looking forward to reviewing one of these arms - Duc.

One problem - - don't have one - yet!  :D

Very nice looking. Looking forward to more details. And reviews.

Among what I most desire...

Then, hdf ... as my daughter keeps telling me "pull the trigger"! ;)

I bought a 12" ebony/satin finish Univector about a year ago and can confirm it is a wonderful-sounding arm - as well as looking beautiful.

Regards,

Andy

Edited by andyr

Hi Duc

Could you advise what the sonic difference's are between the Ebony and Cocobolo armwands?

Also what do you perceive are the sonic differences between the 3 tonearm lengths? Assuming you have the room to accommodate all.

Cheers

Shane

Hi Duc

Could you advise what the sonic difference's are between the Ebony and Cocobolo armwands?

Also what do you perceive are the sonic differences between the 3 tonearm lengths? Assuming you have the room to accommodate all.

Cheers

Shane

good Day Shane.

my writing skill is not too great to write all the difference's , but to put it in simple term. they are quite difference . i think the Cocobolo wand does have slightly livelier and to my ears the top seem a bit airier compare to the black Ebony wand .

on the other hand the black ebony seem to have slightly meatier ( more body )sounding compare to the Cocobolo wand so it all come to personal tastes i reckon as well as matching cartridges to each arm wand.

for the arm lengths to be honest i haven't use the 9.5"  my self on all my turntable but i have installed on other deck and have a listen as well as heard other react . i think all 3 lengths are track very well and have very little different in sound quality .

cheers

Duc

Thanks Duc

, very informative.

The Cocobolo would be the choice for my TW Raven as it is on the warm meatier side.

As would probably the 10.5 - I think that is a great tonearm length. Not so sure how I would attach the wood rca box.

Cheers

Edited by turntable

Thanks Duc

, very informative.

The Cocobolo would be the choice for my TW Raven as it is on the warm meatier side.

As would probably the 10.5 - I think that is a great tonearm length. Not so sure how I would attach the wood rca box.

Cheers

Hi Shane.

yes 10.5" in a nice choice . i would use the nice wood block that have a bit of weight right on the back of your raven arm board to accomodating the RCA wooden box .

Cheers

Duc

you want to make sure you have a lot of existing timber on hand to work with as both species are on the CITES list and are prohibited for import or export from or to countries signed up to the CITES treaty agreement.

you want to make sure you have a lot of existing timber on hand to work with as both species are on the CITES list and are prohibited for import or export from or to countries signed up to the CITES treaty agreement.

Thanks Brian.

I have heard about this and prepared :)

regards

Duc

Hi B, So it has not been relaxed--hmmm-- I did see that they gave back all the seized Woods they took from Gibson Guitars.

On a side note-- I have read of a system with African Gabon Ebony Blocks placed around the Listening room--- they did make difference --the sound went "flat" when they removed them-according to the reports posted.

I have the same in my setup --I bought unfinished blocks from an African supplier(Yes he DID come through!) quite heavy as you know--and surprise they arrived OK--no quarms with Ag or Customs--

Willco

it all depends if the shipper has paperwork certifying the original purchase back to pre ban and what appendices of CITES the species is classified. it's possible to get whatever as long as both parties are prepared for the risk. I bought all my timber pre ban so no drama's but getting cocobolo from the states is very difficult now.as for ebony, there are many species which can be treated and substituted for Madagascar ebony which is the blackest true ebony. gaboon ebony is now the common substitute and is not on the CITES list so not banned for export. the mpingo products were Madagascar ebony.

cheers,g.

And here

Thanks Duc

, very informative.

Cheers

Just PTT ("pull the trigger"), Shane! ;)

Here's a pic of my 12" (ebony) Univector on my 'SkeletaLinn".

Regards,

Andy

post-104099-0-16759500-1398416024_thumb.

Edited by andyr

I would like to Andy. I have a spare spot on the TW.    Coin is a bit tight atm and ideally would like to listen to one first. I am looking for a fast tonally neutral arm with tight bass.

Edited by turntable

Having had the pleasure of using a Univector recently,I'd like to congratulate Duc on what's he's achieved with this tonearm. Just brilliant to have such high quality Aussie made product available. 

Al 

Having had the pleasure of using a Univector recently,I'd like to congratulate Duc on what's he's achieved with this tonearm. Just brilliant to have such high quality Aussie made product available. 

Al 

Thanks Al .

I appreciated your comments .

cheers

Duc

here is some pictures of the new Univector arm base .one point mounting base I just finished and avialble now for new Univector order.

cheers

Duc

post-109335-0-79325900-1417843948_thumb.

post-109335-0-48450400-1417843958_thumb.

post-109335-0-16749500-1417843969_thumb.

post-109335-0-11985600-1417843982_thumb.

Any pictures of new VTA on the fly arrangement.....?

Yes, that would be much easier to fit, Duc. :thumb:  Although I think I prefer the look of the 'traditional' mount (see my pic a few posts up).

Regards,

Andy

Any pictures of new VTA on the fly arrangement.....?

VTA on the fly?  Wow - tell me more, Duc! ;)

Andy