Both yours and mine were built by Kevin Kuskopft. John and I had them built together. I followed John's updates but stopped at the crites CW 15", Trachorn, K55V dual phase plug, Jbl 2404h (recently installed NOS genuine diaphragms), and ALK Universals. I decided to line the dog house with bitumen / cork, and place a wad a polyester matting to dampen.

24 minutes ago, plato8010 said:

Both yours and mine were built by Kevin Kuskopft. John and I had them built together. I followed John's updates but stopped at the crites CW 15", Trachorn, K55V dual phase plug, Jbl 2404h (recently installed NOS genuine diaphragms), and ALK Universals. I decided to line the dog house with bitumen / cork, and place a wad a polyester matting to dampen.

Thanks for updating me on the build history, now I have more information to ad on what I already know 

On my speakers 

John via Kevin added double thickness side panels and the exterior centre braces. They have certainly worked a treat 

From building many single driver speakers in the past I have never used dampening in any form in the horn sound path 

I even removed Johns dampening material from the Bass section and used my past building experience and tuned it to perfection 

This tweaking process was posted early on in this thread 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Earlier in the week after a little pre planing

I had the pleasure and company of two vistiors

The visitors were QLD audio club members, they wanted to audition my system 

We had a discussion about the physical system and then sat down to some listening 

Apart from the initial brutal test CD that I use and played for them 

They asked and played familiar music they arrived with, and I put on for them to judge the system and enjoy the music 

The visitors were both impressed and entertained 

So much so that they had not one thing negative to say about the system 

The positive comments were very reassuring and I’m kinda proud that I have created and setup a system that has virtually nothing to fault

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Paul,

Great project and the mods look and by opinion sound like the way to go.

I am a bit late to the party, I am just now looking at building these and hunting around for plans and ideas.

So far I have some rudimentary plans, but not enough.

Do you have the plans for your build?

Would you be willing to share them?

Or have a link for them.

I would really appreciate it, thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2020 at 8:43 AM, Xopher said:

Hi Paul,

Great project and the mods look and by opinion sound like the way to go.

I am a bit late to the party, I am just now looking at building these and hunting around for plans and ideas.

So far I have some rudimentary plans, but not enough.

Do you have the plans for your build?

Would you be willing to share them?

Or have a link for them.

I would really appreciate it, thanks

Chris

Here you go 

This is the official 1977 design from Klipsch 

Having said that the build on this thread has double thickness sides and back - with added doghouse brasses 

So keep that in mind 

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=33954

• 2 years later...

This has been an interesting read. I'm going to need to have a listen to this wonderful system when I can. I've really not heard many others systems so while mine sounds wonderful to my ears I've no idea where it sits in relation to many others.  :)

• Like 1