Sign in to follow this  
Primare Knob

Oppo PM-1 Planar Headphone Price Announcement

And the price is US $1090

http://www.oppodigital.com/headphones-pm-1/

That is more than I like it to be. I had hoped for a Head Phone system from Oppo for about $1200.

Oooooooh wait, ........ Oppo PM-2 for US $699

http://www.oppodigital.com/future/

Now the waiting is for the Oppo HA-1 (or HA-2?)

http://www.ultrahighendreview.com/oppo-introduces-planar-magnetic-headphones/

Interesting that the cheaper one uses the SAME drivers.

You lose the lambswool leather and expensive machined metal parts but the internal parts of the PM-2 seems to be the same as the more expensive brother.

That's one heck of a value proposition IMHO if they don't change the sound quality.

I hope those cans sound better than they look.

The HA-1 on  the other hand, looks good.

The proof of the pudding...

Well I did say look alike aesthetically i.e the housing and headband, not the transducer type used. But yes the Kef is using a dynamic driver while these are planar magnetics.

Edited by DefQon

Well I did say look alike aesthetically i.e the housing and headband, not the transducer type used. But yes the Kef is using a dynamic driver while these are planar magnetics.

8dc4cabc_DSC_8492.jpeg

41QI1UnM9mL._SY300_.jpg

I'd argue that the B&W and NAD phones also share similar aesthetics. 

I'd have to admit the Oppo screams quality and luxury (and if good in the sound compartment) then its a win - win for me as I need some good portable headphones.

I have high expectations for Oppo being a happy Blu Ray owner. Still have a desktop system on top off my wish list.

The initial reports on these look makes them seem very promising.  Apparently they work fine from an ipod style output and scale well with better amps & sources.

Guest Thebottom

They look awesome! 

hmm anyone want a used pair of HD800's? only days old! damn! 

JK

I saw the Oppo HA-1 at addicted to audio today, it's the matching headphone amp for the PM-1's..  A2A are still waiting for the PM-1 headphones to arrive but tell me that they should be in stock soon.

Interesting that they are finally out. Haven't seen the pricing for them so hopefully not too ^.

$1,699 for the cans  $1,799 for the dac / amp.

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/oppo-pm-1-planar-magnetic-headphones

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/oppo-ha-1-headphone-amplifier-with-dac

Edited by gavtron

They look awesome! 

hmm anyone want a used pair of HD800's? only days old! damn! 

JK

deniall is looking for a pair.

Been looking to upgrade my 580's to something a little bit better, So I ordered the PM-1'S and the matching HA-1 amp from addicted 2 audio today and is it normal to be this excited about spending so much money in one go.

Will have headphones next week hopefully and the amp in May so looking forward to plenty of listening in the near future.

Anyone else think it is odd the headphone amp they're building has balanced outputs but the headphones don't have a balanced cable?

Anyone else think it is odd the headphone amp they're building has balanced outputs but the headphones don't have a balanced cable?

As long as its value for the bread and can sound good enough to beat most of its competitors.....who cares! :thumb:

I'm not talking about a conspiracy .... I'm just saying it would be nice to have and would make sense given their headphone amp offers it. Especially when they're already giving 2 cables with their headphones. It would save me making a cable for them like I'd be doing for the other headphones on my shortlist (I've got a diy headphone amp with balanced outputs). I was hopeful they'd do something more intelligent than Sennheiser with their IMO overpriced balanced cables for their headphones.

Edited by hochopeper

Yeah I was also a bit stumped by why they don't use a balanced cable. I think Hifiman got it right - it comes with a balanced 4 pin cable and you can use a 4 pin to stereo 1/4" adaptor cable. I just made a 4 pin to mini stereo adaptor cable separately tho it would be nice to have that bundled. 

Ouch at the Aussie pricing on these, although I do support George and the crew at A2A, may have to order these from overseas suppliers like all my other stuff.

Yeah I was also a bit stumped by why they don't use a balanced cable. I think Hifiman got it right - it comes with a balanced 4 pin cable and you can use a 4 pin to stereo 1/4" adaptor cable. I just made a 4 pin to mini stereo adaptor cable separately tho it would be nice to have that bundled.

Not only that, but the cans are so sensitve that apparently you can drive them easily with any kind of amp. The Oppo headphone amp seems to be more and more like product on its own.

Is it just me, or are the Oppo prices here in Australia getting out of hand. All there products are reaching for the $2000 mark and for that kind of money I can put a lot of other products on my list, and the Oppo is no longer a no brainer.

Funny that Oppo themselves haven't put up prices yet for the amp.

Edited by Primare Knob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      * Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ... varies as detailed in text below (Standard SNA/Goldmine gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below 
      * Reason for selling ... latest finds
      * Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

Combine with anything in this list to save postage:

Brazil Classics 2 : O’Samba - w/David Byrne vinyl LP. NEW & SEALED. Compiled by David Byrne (ex-Talking Heads). Includes Digital Download. "The music is wonderful, also a historical archive as partial basis for contemporary Brazilian music. Danceable, singable, easy to listen to over and over again."   $35

Jason Isbell & 400 Unit – Here We Rest – 2011 Lighting Rod gatefold &  7" single (…15506) - SEALED and BRAND NEW. Vinyl album w/ 7" single in gatefold cover.  - $40

Jason Isbell – Sirens of the Ditch - US 2018 Special Deluxe Edition 2LP - SEALED and BRAND NEW.  180 gram 2-disc with download card which includes 4 extra unreleased songs not available on the original release. Deluxe Edition hype sticker and New West Records 20 Year hype sticker.  $42

The Incredible Jimmy Smith – Midnight Special – Blue Note 2015 (602547476463)  BRAND NEW &  SEALED. Blue Note Records 75th Anniversary Vinyl Initiative release of fantastic hard to get Blue Note original recordings.   $38

James – Living In Extraordinary Times – EU pressed 2018 2LP vinyl (…393620)  BRAND NEW and SEALED. 180 Gram Vinyl, includes Download Code.  $40

Various – American Epic :The Best Of Blues – Third Man Records 2017 vinyl - BRAND NEW and SEALED. Remastered using a mix of analog and digital technology. A nifty companion to the amazing US PBS documentary series. Single pocket tip-on jacket with soft touch finish, with black poly-lined inner sleeve. Paramount record masters courtesy of Lars Edegran and the George H. Buck, Jr. Jazz Foundation. Jack White as Producer.   $38

Traffic – When The Eagle Flies – 2013 Ltd Friday Music gatefold - BRAND NEW SEALED. Remastered from original Island Records tapes. Mastering by Joe Reagoso w/ Kevin Gray.   $40

Miles Davis + 19 / Gil Evans – Miles Ahead – US 2013 Columbia KG mastered MONO repress. BRAND NEW and SEALED in baggie. 180-gram audiophile mono vinyl LP. Reissue of the original mono version cat.#: CL 1041. Sticker notes the release is 'individually numbered', however there is no number printed on this cover!  Regardless, another Kevin Gray masterpiece.   $38

SOLD
      Miles Davis- Pangaea – US 2012 Double 180gm LP by Four Men With Beards. BRAND new and SEALED.
      Stop - don't run! 
      This 4 Men With Beards pressing is actually great!   
      Recorded live at Osaka Festival Hall, Japan, Evening, February 1, 1975. Original vinyl released June 1976. 
      180 gram double vinyl, gatefold sleeve.  $42

Ry Cooder – The Prodigal Son – black vinyl EU Concord 2018 repress - SEALED & BRAND NEW - Ry back on top form in this highly acclaimed new album. Great reviews!   $35

Fleetwood Mac – Pious Bird of Good Omen – 2012 MOV EU press - BRAND NEW & SEALED. Nice solid bottom, clear mids and very pleasant top end too. Great collection of Peter Green era tunes.  $40

The Stooges – Stooges – 2010 import Rhino Vinyl 180 Gram Repress LP. SEALED and BRAND NEW. Cut from the original analog Masters, incredible SQ. Highly acclaimed.... "this press is definitely the one to get. Dead quiet, great dynamic range and separation, just all around beautiful sound. I don't have an original to compare to, but this version definitely does have the best sound to me...."THIS is the copy to have… $38

Santana – Inner Secrets – US 2014 Friday Music repress - NEW & SEALED in baggie. Lovely copy, Mastered by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios, and pressed at R.T.I. plant.   $42

Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence – 2014 US 2LP pressing - SEALED and BRAND NEW. With colour insert.  LP mastered by Wes Garland at Nashville Record Productions and pressed by United Record Pressing.   $42

Price: $SOLD
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: Selling headphone rig
      Payment Method: Pickup, Cash, EFT, Paypal (buyer pays all transaction fees and postage)
      Extra Info:

Mint condition, locally purchased headphone cables with balanced 4-pin XLR connection with both 6.5 and 3.25mm jack. One of the best headphone cables on the market and a massive improvement on stock cables. Used infrequently for dedicated head-fi rig.

Photos:

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones
      Price: $750 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with original 1/4 inch cable and original box

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Mike13
      Item: Oppo pm3 and ha2se headphone amp
      Price: $330 plus postage, PayPal fees
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Enough headphones
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD
      Extra Info:

See previous ad from December. I had buyers for both but they fell through.

Still $369 at Minidisc for the headphones and $499 at Jaben for the amp. Note a cord is missing from the amp (see original ad). 

Photos:

• By Zlok
      Item: HiFiMan Edition XV2 & aftermarket cable 6.35mm Neutrik connector
      Price:  $800 with postage unless pickup
      Item Condition:  Fantastic used condition, as good as new.
      Reason for selling: funds for future audio gears
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Bought it new $1449 at minidiscau. ( 23/05/2018 ) It come with Aftermarket cable which is Canare cable made in japan with 6.35mm Neutrik connector, worth $150 USD when it was new! Headphone was made in China and QC passed at 26-04-2018. Preferably come listen and pick up.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.