Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

SOLD: Yamaha NS1000M speakers

Guest 322

I doubt he would mind anyway. The speakers are sold and the rest of the thread is only waffle :)

Ha I have a day away from the forum and come back to this! Lol too funny. 

Re the price, it's different for me as a retailer. If I leave the price and then want to sell the same item 6 months later for example (and maybe at a higher price for whatever reason), then people will use my previous sales threads as a precedent for price and I'll have a hard time deviating from there. In this case I don't think I'll have another pair of NS-1000 speakers but the new owner may now want others to know what he's paid for them - perhaps he plans to on sell them for a profit, or rejuvenate them, just saying that leaving the price on could be detrimental to their future plans. Suffice to say there may be a clue in this thread already as to who owns them, and if they want to divulge the price I have no issues with that! Hope this sounds reasonable. 

Bloody scaredy cat...grow some cajones man...ow hang on, your an Egg and that might mean you'd be a rooster and then you'd start singing that Alice in Chains song and then you'd start posting funny stuff on the ebay thread....

Phew! Carry on Eggyone.

Ha I have a day away from the forum and come back to this! Lol too funny. 

Re the price, it's different for me as a retailer. If I leave the price and then want to sell the same item 6 months later for example (and maybe at a higher price for whatever reason), then people will use my previous sales threads as a precedent for price and I'll have a hard time deviating from there. In this case I don't think I'll have another pair of NS-1000 speakers but the new owner may now want others to know what he's paid for them - perhaps he plans to on sell them for a profit, or rejuvenate them, just saying that leaving the price on could be detrimental to their future plans. Suffice to say there may be a clue in this thread already as to who owns them, and if they want to divulge the price I have no issues with that! Hope this sounds reasonable. 

Nope.

Well, seeing I've only paid a deposit, and the price has now disappeared, I seem to remember it was $499.00 - is that right, Cameron? ;)

Anyway, I prefer prices to remain on sold items for future reference and interest.  So I'm happy to disclose the price was $1199.00 (love the retailer dollar off the round pricing  model :rolleyes:)

I guess they're a bit of an unknown quantity re age and the finer details of condition, but the photos suggest to me they are straight, clean and original enough to  be well worth a punt at that price (plus the as yet unknown cost of getting them to SA) .  Cosmetically good NS1000M's are getting harder to come by and the LHS one of these could be an ideal recipient for the drivers and crossovers  from my mismatched (both RHS) pair.

I know you can't tell everything from a photo, but they look too good to resist at that price as I've been assured they are in working order.

Hope that sounds reasonable enough for you, LP. :)   

Edited by Tony M

Don't worry.

You'll live.

Of course he will.A Nuclear War breaks out and LogicprObe and cockroaches are the only survivors ;)

Well, seeing I've only paid a deposit, and the price has now disappeared, I seem to remember it was $499.00 - is that right, Cameron? ;)

Anyway, I prefer prices to remain on sold items for future reference and interest.  So I'm happy to disclose the price was $1199.00 (love the retailer dollar off the round pricing  model :rolleyes:)

I guess they're a bit of an unknown quantity re age and the finer details of condition, but the photos suggest to me they are straight, clean and original enough to  be well worth a punt at that price (plus the as yet unknown cost of getting them to SA) .  Cosmetically good NS1000M's are getting harder to come by and the LHS one of these could be an ideal recipient for the drivers and crossovers  from my mismatched (both RHS) pair.

I know you can't tell everything from a photo, but they look too good to resist at that price as I've been assured they are in working order.

Hope that sounds reasonable enough for you, LP. :)   

Yep!

Ooh I have a nasty reply that I just don't think I should post :D

C'mon...............before they lock it anyway!

Something about blood being a natural lube :sorry:

Well...........congrats are in order for Tony and Krispy anyway.

I hope they are both satisfied.

All I know is I won't be in any hurry to put my pair up for sale to benefit wealth creation anytime soon!  ;)

Me neither.I paid $550 for my pair last year and they sound magnificent.I do need to figure out a way of cleaning the tweeters and mids.A lot of built up grime on them.