4heckssake

Jazz: Currently Spinning

This and the A&K have spruced up the morning commute  with the ears doing plenty of work waking up bits of the brain that needed to hear it.

Vijay Iyer Sextet - Far From Over

Image result for Vijay Iyer Sextet - Far From Over

Messin' Around : A Decade Of Dancehall Jazz.

As the name suggests, a lively affair with quite a few tracks having a Latin flavour.

images - 2020-01-22T200319.560.jpeg

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble

Ordered this on CD this morning, and Chicago sax player Dave Rempis (who is 1/3 of the Kuzu trio) sent me a download code to redeem on  bandcamp.

Only 1 track at 55 minutes long.

https://aerophonicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/purple-dark-opal

Another great album from Kuzu.

ED2968E7-BE0C-4D37-BC01-8857E62F559B.jpeg

Edited by soundfan

23 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

John Coltrane - The Ultimate Blue Train.

images - 2020-01-26T145129.714.jpeg

Happy Australia Day to you!  Just wondering what special characteristics does this release have? I have a 24/192 download, but not sure of where it comes from in the "remastering the past" journey.  And a CD and a couple of vinyl versions (60s US and Japan).   A version worth looking for in your book Martin?

16 minutes ago, Dilettanteque said:

Happy Australia Day to you!  Just wondering what special characteristics does this release have? I have a 24/192 download, but not sure of where it comes from in the "remastering the past" journey.  And a CD and a couple of vinyl versions (60s US and Japan).   A version worth looking for in your book Martin?

Hi Grant. I have only heard this one, so I'm not in a position to compare it to other versions.

Extra tracks are alternate takes of Blue Train and Lazy Bird.

I haven't accessed the enhanced section, but here's some info on it via Discogs. Cheers.

Disc spine and cardboard slipcase reads "The Ultimate Blue Train". Remastered with previously unreleased bonus tracks (6 & 7) and a multimedia CD-ROM portion (retrospective interviews from engineer Rudy Van Gelder and a brief black-and-white video where Coltrane is performing with Miles Davis onstage)

Just now, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Hi Grant. I have only heard this one, so I'm not in a position to compare it to other versions.

Extra tracks are alternate takes of Blue Train and Lazy Bird.

I haven't accessed the enhanced section, but here's some info on it via Discogs. Cheers.

Disc spine and cardboard slipcase reads "The Ultimate Blue Train". Remastered with previously unreleased bonus tracks (6 & 7) and a multimedia CD-ROM portion (retrospective interviews from engineer Rudy Van Gelder and a brief black-and-white video where Coltrane is performing with Miles Davis onstage)

Danke sehr

Freddie Hubbard,  Blue Spirits. Blue Note ‎ 7243 5 94318 2 6,  RVG Edition CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered Europe 2004.

A Rudy Van Gelder remaster, with some bonus tracks, worth seeking out.

Blue Spirits (CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered) album cover