• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbuzzardstubble

• soundfan

• t_mike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onto one of my favs Miles Davis- kind of blue 45rpm Mobile Fidelity box set of 2 x LPs release So smooth... Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Kicking off a weekend of tunes with some Miles. Bags Groove.

Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself  Miles Davis - Blue Moods.   When ever I  listen to jazz from the mid 50s - 60s it takes me back to happy times of my early childhood. My mother r

Posted Images

BA24A14D-470D-4D78-B5E1-79476C61FDEF.jpeg.ce2c5b172fae4b11b44874ecc13d9b17.jpeg

I’ll be hard pressed to hum even a snippet of one of the tunes tomorrow but the feel of this album stays with me so vividly, even if the melodies don’t 

Courtesy of a SNA purchase (excellent transaction) I have acquired a reasonable number of Charlie Haden CDs. This one is truly excellent:

Charlie Haden + Pat Metheny, Missouri Sky

Played on my newly put together system  

8D2F7EB0-6F39-459E-BA89-5C7D5575E032.jpeg

7 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Courtesy of a SNA purchase (excellent transaction) I have acquired a reasonable number of Charlie Haden CDs. This one is truly excellent:

Charlie Haden + Pat Metheny, Missouri Sky

Played on my newly put together system  

8D2F7EB0-6F39-459E-BA89-5C7D5575E032.jpeg

First time I heard Metheny. Recommended by a mate. Haven’t listened for ages. Must give it a spin tomorrow. 

Got some minty Marian McPartland LPs yesterday for $1 each:

R-5479575-1394423348-3364.jpeg.jpg

Marian McPartland - At The Hickory House -- a 2xLP set, you would think with a title like that it would be live but sounds like a  studio recording to me. Some sweet early 1950s cool piano trio jazz.

R-5131382-1385346986-9143.jpeg.jpg

Marian McPartland - At The Festival -- now this is a real live recording from 1979 ... another piano trio outing, although there is a good saxamaphonologist on the last three tracks.

--Geoff

a1687092525_10.jpg

2019 had so much brilliant new jazz, it was an effort just keeping up with a fraction of it.  I really should be posting a lot more of the wonderful music I have been discovering.

Junius Paul played bass with the AEC when they toured last year. This is his debut effort on the superb International Anthem label. Man, Chicago is so hip.

https://intlanthem.bandcamp.com/album/ism

On 10/01/2020 at 12:08 AM, RankStranger said:

BA24A14D-470D-4D78-B5E1-79476C61FDEF.jpeg.ce2c5b172fae4b11b44874ecc13d9b17.jpeg

I’ll be hard pressed to hum even a snippet of one of the tunes tomorrow but the feel of this album stays with me so vividly, even if the melodies don’t 

one of my favs and compelled me to go to Spain.

Edited by scuzzii

Ken Vandermark has been involved in so many great groups for a long time now

and has a huge catalogue of work. And definitely one of the great modern cats playing music at the minute.

Hard to pick faves, but the Made To Break quartet he features in may be at the top of my tree. (at the moment anyhow)

Ken Vandermark on sax and clarinet

Tim Daisy on drums

Jasper Stadhouders on electric bass

Christof Kurzmann on electronics

Playing "F4 Fake" at the minute on CD, but before that I played "Trebuchet" and "Before The Code" on vinyl

a3756754124_16.jpg

a2940938576_16.jpg

a3886366138_16.jpg

Will be moving on to his DKV trio (with Kent Kessler and Hamid Drake) next. :)

On 12/01/2020 at 12:36 PM, metal beat said:

Vijay Iyer Trio ‎– Break Stuff.  personally signed by Vijay after i saw him live @ The Vanguard in July.

yR1oMlX.jpg

Said gig happened about a week or two before my arrival in NYC. Really wish I had seen them.