Jazz: Currently Spinning

Guest Misterioso

Capture.JPG.ae1a7ca6ac48e69a68a69e50ad65281c.JPG

This includes the famous 1949 Capitol Sessions of Lennie Tristano, Lee Konitz, Warne Marsh, and Billy Bauer. A highlight in my jazz collection. For what it is worth, some authors regard this session as the birth of free jazz.

Edited by Misterioso

Guest Misterioso
7 hours ago, soundfan said:

A recent arrival. First reissue of this excellent 70's album.

My copy is lined up for tonight. Was released on the same day as Coltrane's latest. These two records were my last ever order from amazon.com.

You hepcats have been listening to some amazingly jive music while I've been away. Just spent 3 weeks in Mexico & Cuba. Saw a couple of jazz acts in La Habana. One slick Latin jazz act in a big club, lots of chops but lacking a bit of soul & another little guitar trio that were nice n loose 7 swung cooly. Went to the Buena Vista Social Club. A Vegas tourist show but had a great fun time. Mexico City was all Latino vibes. Now catching up on some orders.

a2102207130_16.jpg

a1386432675_16.jpg

Ordered the vinyl copies of these two on Bandcamp yesterday & burned WAV files to disc. Both brilliant!

Have just ordered the new 'Trane & Kamasi releases from Redeye.

Have fun groovers!

Edited by mikey d
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, mikey d said:

You hepcats have been listening to some amazingly jive music while I've been away. Just spent 3 weeks in Mexico & Cuba. Saw a couple of jazz acts in La Habana. One slick Latin jazz act in a big club, lots of chops but lacking a bit of soul & another little guitar trio that were nice n loose 7 swung cooly. Went to the Buena Vista Social Club. A Vegas tourist show but had a great fun time. Mexico City was all Latino vibes. Now catching up on some orders.

a2102207130_16.jpg

a1386432675_16.jpg

Ordered the vinyl copies of these two on Bandcamp yesterday & burned WAV files to disc. Both brilliant!

Have fun groovers!

Did you bring me back some Cohibas?  :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikey d said:

Bit slow today and read this thinking "There's a new Coltrane & Kamasi release? How can that be? Maybe Kamasi's playing Coltrane inspired sets? Must google it..."

Duh, what an idjit! ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, t_mike said:

Just as well, otherwise it would have been "close, but no cigar."

Speaking of which:

image.png.a4f05c314c2048c968c9ec8ad12323a6.png

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - Close But No Cigar (2018 - 320kbps)

My brother saw these guys (in London) during the week - enjoyed the show, bought the LP and slipped me the download code.

It's Hammond driven instrumentals covering ground between soul jazz and jazz-funk with a nice 'live in the studio' feel. 

• Like 3