• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbuzzardstubble

• soundfan

• Dilettanteque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onto one of my favs Miles Davis- kind of blue 45rpm Mobile Fidelity box set of 2 x LPs release So smooth... Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Kicking off a weekend of tunes with some Miles. Bags Groove.

Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself  Miles Davis - Blue Moods.   When ever I  listen to jazz from the mid 50s - 60s it takes me back to happy times of my early childhood. My mother r

5 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil

Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil - Blue Note Vinyl Reissue 45 RPM

A look at the last few pages of posts is why I could listen strictly to the Blue Note label for a year and be more than happy. 75+ years of the best on offer.

• Like 3

Just home from an 16 hour shift, to find my neighbours two doors up are having a doof doof competition with the world. I've decided to drown them out by playing this excellent exhibition of mid 70's electro- jazz. At high volume of course. 

16035374768911248092598213868255.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@t_mike

You could do with this to add to your quiver for further volleys...

Playing it to add to your efforts, however constrained by being 200km NW of you may make the effect.

Elephant9 - Psychedelic Backfire II

Elephant9 with Reine Fiske - Psychedelic Backfire II (2019, Vinyl) | Discogs

Overdriven Fender Rhodes is useful - maybe in the same way as mortars are to doof doof artillery, but effective nonetheless. 

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1

F.Y.I. From the Craft Recordings site.

We’re very excited to announce a partnership between Jazz Dispensary and Vinyl Me, Please to offer exclusive reissues of five heavyweight digs from legendary artists like David Axelrod, Bernard Purdie, Jack DeJohnette, Leon Spencer, and Idris Muhammad.

All releases in the series will be pressed on highest-quality 180-gram vinyl with exact replicas of the original cover artwork on heavy stock tip-on jackets. Limited to 1,000 pieces per title, the numbered releases will each have their own uniquely colored vinyl, matched to the theme of the release. 

unnamed (1).png

• Like 4

Some articles for 50 years of ECM. 

ECM at 50 https://thebluemoment.com/2020/01/03/ecm-at-50/ 

UMG reciprocal picks:

Field Studies: Manfred Eicher, Founder of ECM Records, Picks His Top Five Blue Note Albums https://thebluemoment.com/2020/01/03/ecm-at-50/  A bit like having to pick your favourite child IMO.

Field Studies: Don Was, President of Blue Note Records, Picks His Top Five ECM Albums https://www.wbgo.org/post/field-studies-don-was-president-blue-note-records-picks-his-top-five-ecm-albums 

• Like 4

Another lost and found tape of some live performance. This time from Ella. I say, keep them coming, even though not good for my wallet. 

9B83E5EE-DECF-4FAE-ADA3-F0954C98F1C3.jpeg

• Like 5
6 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

What a blast. :)

It warranted a return spin this morning as first up accompaniment to caffeine absorption and clearing the early morning work emails!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Herbie Hancock & Wayne Shorter - 1+1

Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter - 1+1 (1997, CD) | Discogs

I saw them on this tour ('98?) at Hamer Hall. I think Wayne might have been as off his **** as my mate and I were and we started to think we were in the wrong theatre when the opening act played on and on. The main thing I remember about the gig, besides being really ripped and the sense of awe at being in the presence of such greatness, was Herbie playing an extended improvised solo on the inside of the grand. I'd never seen that before. It was magic and highlighted that, under the hood, the piano is a tuned percussion instrument.

I don't think I've ever heard the album.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1