1 hour ago, Bell Ringer said:

Nice one, I hadn’t listened to this for a while but I got my bandcamp app running again and played it a few weeks ago. 

One of my Desert Island Disks is Phil Slater's Strobe Coma Virgo. And that's on the short short list!  I love his work (and the deft hands of Matt McMahon and Simon Barker)

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbuzzardstubble

• soundfan

• Dilettanteque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onto one of my favs Miles Davis- kind of blue 45rpm Mobile Fidelity box set of 2 x LPs release So smooth... Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Kicking off a weekend of tunes with some Miles. Bags Groove.

Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself  Miles Davis - Blue Moods.   When ever I  listen to jazz from the mid 50s - 60s it takes me back to happy times of my early childhood. My mother r

_20201022_122536.thumb.JPG.405f2282aea5d94d31058f25e4818433.JPG

Keyon Harold - The Mugician (2017 - LP) 

I bought this in a bundle from Northside Records, cold on their recommendation, to take my order up to $100 and free shipping. Post hip-hop melting pot jazz with a long list of collaborators including Gary Clark Jr and Robert Glasper. I found it a bit underwhelming on first listen but coming back to it after a few months I enjoyed it more. 

4 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet - Wislawa

ECM Records | Shop

Hey @Dilettanteque I've noticed you play a bit of Tomaz Stanko. I have Suspended Night and Wislawa and like them very much. Where would you go next? 

52 minutes ago, Monty said:

Hey @Dilettanteque I've noticed you play a bit of Tomaz Stanko. I have Suspended Night and Wislawa and like them very much. Where would you go next? 

Hiya @Monty. For his more improvisational style Lontano may be of Interest.  Leosia is a quite introspective album. Soul Of Things also has a moody reflective character.  I love his sound . And with these recommendations I run out of the one i own!

Then you could jump off and follow Marcin Wasilewski, the quartet's pianist!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Hiya @Monty. For his more improvisational style Lontano may be of Interest.  Leosia is a quite introspective album. Soul Of Things also has a moody reflective character.  I love his sound . And with these recommendations I run out of the one i own!

Then you could jump off and follow Marcin Wasilewski, the quartet's pianist!

I recently acquired Dark Eyes, which is quite a nice album too.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Monty said:

I'm not @Dilettanteque but much prefer Stanko's earlier work especially the 70's albums he was part of.

Twet, Almost Green, Fish Face, Music For K, and Jazz message from Poland are all great albums.

But then again  I love his edgier more free albums, and am not such a fan of his ECM output, a label I generally dislike. 

One of the truly great trumpeters.

• Like 2
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic