• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbuzzardstubble

• soundfan

• Dilettanteque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onto one of my favs Miles Davis- kind of blue 45rpm Mobile Fidelity box set of 2 x LPs release So smooth... Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Kicking off a weekend of tunes with some Miles. Bags Groove.

Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself  Miles Davis - Blue Moods.   When ever I  listen to jazz from the mid 50s - 60s it takes me back to happy times of my early childhood. My mother r

Just a heads up, check out the Blue Note thread in the live gigs forum. I've posted the upcoming live streams for the next couple of weeks, and some outstanding jazz is lined up. Mike Stern, Joe Lovano, Chris Potter and Vijay Iyer are among the performers featured.

• Like 5

a3994953756_14.jpg

Noël Akchoté - Fiasco - Plays The Music Of Paul Motian -- interpretations of  tracks wot are associated with Paul Motian by French avante-garde guitarist. These aren't covers but loose improvisations informed by the original works, played in a unique style. An interesting listen with my morning coffee. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp. 

--Geoff

• Like 1

The Brecker Brothers returned in the early 90's with two terrific jazz/funk albums. They have played on so many notable jazz and funk albums over the years and Michael established one of the best fusion groups Steps Ahead along with Mike Mainieri as well as having a significant solo career.

I saw them in the early 70's open for the Mighty Burner, Charles Earland. The crowd was a pretty much dead silent when this group of white guys including David Sanborn, Will Lee, Don Grolnick and Steve Khan walked on stage but needless to say, when they walked off the place was going nuts.

160245821008224313418.jpg

16024582798961484860248.jpg

• Like 2

R-4657896-1371310994-7075.jpeg.jpg

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - Midnight Sugar -- easing into Monday morning with this laid back piano trio album that I haven't played in a loooong while. From Japan, recorded in the mid 1970s. Noice.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 4

Something brand new and very free playing. This one's for those who like their jazz a little avant-garde. 

Screenshot_20201013-105344_TIDAL.jpg

• Like 4