• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbuzzardstubble

• soundfan

• Dilettanteque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onto one of my favs Miles Davis- kind of blue 45rpm Mobile Fidelity box set of 2 x LPs release So smooth... Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Kicking off a weekend of tunes with some Miles. Bags Groove.

Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself  Miles Davis - Blue Moods.   When ever I  listen to jazz from the mid 50s - 60s it takes me back to happy times of my early childhood. My mother r

I need me some more Mr Hancock - currently just have Mr Hands and Fat Albert Rotunda

keen to get across his earlier work before he got too funky (not that I don't dig his funk - Just round the Corner is a major favourite) 

• Like 1
On 22/06/2020 at 12:05 PM, wasabijim said:

I need me some more Mr Hancock - currently just have Mr Hands and Fat Albert Rotunda

keen to get across his earlier work before he got too funky (not that I don't dig his funk - Just round the Corner is a major favourite) 

I do like his early albums!  I support your search for more Hancock :)  

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 10:19 PM, RankStranger said:

24CEE181-F6E7-4F7C-A015-1A5B70CC1ED7.jpeg.fe50d095410f6ae670d7b6c115353291.jpeg

An outstanding album from an outstanding lable. It's a shame more here don't follow them.

5 minutes ago, t_mike said:

An outstanding album from an outstanding lable. It's a shame more here don't follow them.

I don’t know if I have any other Ozella but I’ve got a bunch of Helge Lien stuff. I think I started with Hello Troll as a freebie from a download site or something. It struck me as a very unconventional piano trio album. This one is a bit straighter but my favourite is Natsukashii

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 1

The Oscar Peterson Trio,  We Get Requests.  Verve Records ‎ V-8606. Repress, Stereo US.

Someone posted this album the other day & I just found a copy that I forgot I had bought a few years back. [OK, it was Rank Stranger above]

We Get Requests (Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, Stereo) album cover

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 2

Nina Simone,  My Baby Just Cares For Me. Charly Records ‎ CD CHARLY 6 Reissue Europe 1986.

Bought this today as I a few years ago I sold my french vinyl pressing of this album -that I bought as a new reissue in the 1980s. Now regretting that decision. But good to have it again on CD.

My Baby Just Cares For Me (CD, Compilation, Reissue) album cover

• Like 5

Duke Ellington / Buck Clayton All-Stars,  At Newport. Coronet KLP 572, Mono Australia 1957.

Great lineup here, with a nice drum solo by Sam Woodyard at the end of side 1. A good pressing for a KLP series Coronet., they can be a bit hit & miss, cf. parent Columbia's of the same era. NTS, must put it on discogs. 

At Newport (Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono) album cover

• Like 4

20AC8C00-CCF1-4C87-93B2-0F5E21D47C82.jpeg.dcbb152b4257ccb004944d9e68ac424c.jpeg

classics direct closed down and for a few days were sending out one of a few different CDs for nothin, nil, zip, zilch, nada and I jumped on this

I used to think of Grabowsky as the piano player on that idiot Vizard’s dumb tonight show and then for years I didn’t think of him at all until a mate invited me to his 50th birthday gig at Bennett’s Lane. He had a bunch of truly amazing local musicians with him and Megan Washington up front and holy hell, he played the sh!t out of that piano. 

this is a collection of a few covers and a bunch of surprisingly good originals. I’d say you should get a copy from classics direct to listen to but you can’t because they’re closed.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

used to think of Grabowsky as the piano player on that idiot Vizard’s dumb tonight show

Same here, he is seriously overlooked / underrated, he is first rate from his recordings, I would definitely go to see him live, when this wretched COIVD-19 gets snuffed -hopefully it will... 

• Like 2
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic