Jazz: Currently Spinning

Earlier this morning 

I am very sure many have heard this multi instrumentalist as part of many other artists ensemble 

Names like - The Boss , Peter Gabriel , Sting, Santana among the few 

Symply brilliant is how I describe this album in the Jazz / Rock fussion genre 

I give it a must listen rating 

Artist - David Sancious & Tone 

Title - Transformation The Speed Of Love 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Earlier this morning 

I am very sure many have heard this multi instrumentalist as part of many other artists ensemble 

Names like - The Boss , Peter Gabriel , Sting, Santana among the few 

Symply brilliant is how I describe this album in the Jazz / Rock fussion genre 

I give it a must listen rating 

Artist - David Sancious & Tone 

Title - Transformation The Speed Of Love 

I wish I could play guitar like this after taking it up 3 1/2 years earlier. For Jimi.

Edit:Wiki needs updating. He also played moog on Lenny White's Venusian Summer

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble

2 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I wish I could play guitar like this after taking it up 3 1/2 years earlier. For Jimi.

Edit:Wiki needs updating. He also played moog on Lenny White's Venusian Summer

The drumming is also a standout performance on this album 

• Like 1

Miles Davis: Black Beauty - At Fillmore West

2 CD

Miles Davis opened for the Grateful Dead on this April ‘70 gig.

Gone was the mighty Wayne Shorter from his band, who had left earlier in the year.

In his place here on sax is Steve Grossman, let’s just say he is no Wayne Shorter.

That said....it’s a pretty decent live album.

8A45B947-557F-473B-98B5-8310159622E0.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

The Gerry Mulligan Sextet  Presenting The Gerry Mulligan Sextet. Mercury ‎ MG-36056, Mono Australia 1955.

Pretty cool sound for 1955. Very heavy vinyl too -feels like 220g.

DSCN1827.JPG

DSCN1828.JPG

DSCN1826.JPG

Wow! It's always a thrill when I see LPs like this in the bins, from the Golden Era!?...deep grooves, heavy vinyl, quality sleeves...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YCC said:

Wow! It's always a thrill when I see LPs like this in the bins, from the Golden Era!?...deep grooves, heavy vinyl, quality sleeves...

Yes it sure is! This has to be a 1950s pressing for sure & the cover has the fold over backs design.  And it plays VG- not chewed out by some old brick deadweight mono tone arm. lt has the EmArc hype labels & Astor blurb on the back cover but the disc labels are Mercury as pictured above.

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wen said:

have many john mclaughlan albums@t_mike , seen him live twice, brilliant, tonight bill frisell

1511351204695-421928628.jpg

Alas, we won't get to see John perform live again. He is currently into his farewell tour of the U.S, citing arthritis as the reason to stop touring. He will still record albums he says. I've been lucky to see him 5 times over 40 years.t_mike and I got to meet him and get an album autographed at his last gig in Sydney in 2015.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Alas, we won't get to see John perform live again. He is currently into his farewell tour of the U.S, citing arthritis as the reason to stop touring. He will still record albums he says. I've been lucky to see him 5 times over 40 years.t_mike and I got to meet him and get an album autographed at his last gig in Sydney in 2015.

I saw Shakti & The One Truth Band in Sydney during the '80's. A beautiful man & better than fair musician.

• Like 2