Jazz: Currently Spinning

3 hours ago, hired goon said:

CLEG_76627__76328__08152011115756-2234.jpg.8ab922675151411c391b7f2b85aac121.jpg

Not spinning, but I discovered this Miles Davis set under the stairs today ... I bought it in the USA around 2011 and when I moved back to Oz I put it away and forgot about it. It contains all 8 of the "metal spine" box sets in a faux trumpet case.

I haven't opened any of the boxes yet ... dunno if I would really listen to them more than once to be honest. Does anyone play these sets regularly?

(pic stolen from the interwebz)

--Geoff

I have the Miles Davis Quintet 1965-'68: The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings slice of this pie, and they are a good listen!

• Like 2

This short album is a collection of reinterpreted Bowie numbers by the piano of Jacob Anderskov,  and captured in live performance. Some of these reworks can get quite out there at times, drawing the listener in to decipher what Bowie original he is actually playing. The music is always complex, at times getting dirty and messy, while remaining controlled and with the program. It isn't an easy listen, but any seasoned jazzophile with a like of avant-garde and free playing will be rewarded.

Screenshot_20200803-193159_TIDAL.jpg

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 1

This is very ECMish.

Edit: My first impression given above was only about 1/3 the way thtough my first listen. It's actually quite a bit more free as it winds on. If you like Brottzman or the more free versions of Zorn, this may be up your alley. @soundfan and @Soundscape , this may be one for you guys to follow up.

Screenshot_20200803-220114_TIDAL.jpg

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 2