Jazz: Currently Spinning

Just a heads up to all the jazzophiles on SNA. The Village Vanguard will be introducing a series of live streams of gigs at the VV. In light of covid-19, and the fact that both the musicians and the jazz clubs still need to earn a living, tickets to these acts will be available from the VV website, for viewing live in the comfort of your own home. The current offering is Vijay Iyer, with more booked in for upcoming days. Register with their website for mail updates and enjoy the jazz, while supporting the artists and venues that are their lifeblood.

Our live-streaming series continues this weekend with the acclaimed pianist and composer, Vijay Iyer. He's joined by Nick Dunston on bass, and Jeremy Dutton on drums. Two unique performances presented live and direct from the Vanguard stage.

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW
Edited by t_mike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Looks like you are having a bit of an Ellington day! An original pressing presumably?

:D yessir - a rainy day like that, who can blame me! Fairly certain it’s an original uk pressing (green Columbia). No iconic red cover but the trade off is it’s very affordable

• Like 2

I need me some more Mr Hancock - currently just have Mr Hands and Fat Albert Rotunda

keen to get across his earlier work before he got too funky (not that I don't dig his funk - Just round the Corner is a major favourite) 

• Like 2

On 22/06/2020 at 12:05 PM, wasabijim said:

I need me some more Mr Hancock - currently just have Mr Hands and Fat Albert Rotunda

keen to get across his earlier work before he got too funky (not that I don't dig his funk - Just round the Corner is a major favourite) 

I do like his early albums!  I support your search for more Hancock :)  

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 2