Jazz: Currently Spinning

It seems every Italian pressing I have, regardless of whether it is budget or premium, no matter the lable, the SQ is outstanding. Some great live takes from ,59 & '61, expertly remastered and great pressing quality. Mezzrow's music is a blusey NOLA style, some quite slow, while other tracks have more of an upbeat mardi-gras feel. Clayton's work is more of the swing into bop era, not surprising given that Russell and Freeman are both his band members.

15922873235438458037302891052307.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, t_mike said:

It seems every Italian pressing I have, regardless of whether it is budget or premium, no matter the lable, the SQ is outstanding. Some great live takes from ,59 & '61, expertly remastered and great pressing quality. Mezzrow's music is a blusey NOLA style, some quite slow, while other tracks have more of an upbeat mardi-gras feel. Clayton's work is more of the swing into bop era, not surprising given that Russell and Freeman are both his band members.

15922873235438458037302891052307.jpg

Agree, I have or had/ one in that series, sounds great. Watch out for non-acid free paper inners in some Italian pressings from the 1960s-1970s, discs can end up with surface pitting, its not just the dreaded PVC cover 'traps' lurking out there...

• Like 1