Jazz: Currently Spinning

Guest Misterioso
16 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Ran Blake - That Certain Feeling

I need to get this one. Do you have "A Memory of Vienna" from Ran Blake and Anthony Braxton on hathut? It is stunning. They met in the studio and spontaneously recorded this album. One of my two favourite hathut recordings.

Guest Misterioso
On 03/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, Misterioso said:

A new Art Pepper CD box -brilliant!

Still listening to this set. Cannot emphasize enough how good this is. And this includes the sound quality. This is my favourite Art Pepper box set among all those treasures released by Laurie Pepper. Thanks so much, Laurie!

1 hour ago, Misterioso said:

I need to get this one. Do you have "A Memory of Vienna" from Ran Blake and Anthony Braxton on hathut? It is stunning. They met in the studio and spontaneously recorded this album. One of my two favourite hathut recordings.

I don't have that one, Misterioso. I'll have to check it out. Here's a track from the album I posted earlier.

The Man I Love - Ran Blake & Steve Lacy. 

• Like 1

Acquired yesterday from Air Raid Records, Darwin’s second hand record store. Didn’t know the performers, purchased it to give the sq a go. Lived up to the promise on the sq and enjoyable music.

Lew Tabackin, Trackin’ 

757D60A0-6214-4023-AF76-C9D5B8E8E66B.jpeg

• Like 3

Also picked up another of my favourite artists and groups, this is a combination of Brubeck Goes to College and Brubeck Goes to Junior College.  Great music and good sq. Pressed in Australia. When I do a good clean I will have to do a sq comparison. 

The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Brubeck on Campus

CB837106-91DA-4D18-9E41-A698A375829F.jpeg

EFC8877D-D73F-4B58-A152-08C8CE7603DF.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 4