Jazz: Currently Spinning

WIN tickets: the Art Ensemble of Chicago

WIN a double pass to see ground breaking pioneers of American free jazz the Art Ensemble of Chicago on their 50th anniversary, in a special double bill with acclaimed Australian trio The Necks, part of Supersense festival at Arts Centre Melbourne, 25 August.

Email marketing@melbournejazz.com with your name and phone number to enter.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kafunis said:

Nice, I hope to grab this one, all good ?

First two lps are absolutely stunning!

Beautiful music, beautifully captured and recorded. 

Have yet to listen to the next two lps. 

• Like 3

Before I left work this evening I played some recently acquired (from SNA member) Brubeck on my TT with new hand crafted Calibre 318SE phono stage (from SNA member) into my Bewitch integrated tube amp (from SNA member), with second hand interconnects (from a SNA member ) with new rectifiers and pre-amp tubes - a lovely delicate and natural sound. Where would I be without SNA?

Dave Brubeck, Hey Brubeck, Take Five

BB463090-8385-49FF-9A38-9C54FD565D9D.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 4

Being a Brubeck fan I picked up this different type of gem secondhand today. The star really is Louis Armstrong and the lyrics and music are great. The liner note is also a pearler, made more relevant to me because it was bought new by someone in Darwin from a record store long gone.

The album also resonates with recordings and liner notes from earlier Brubeck albums where they toured the world as USA ambassadors with the support of the US State Department. I guess at a time where people travelled less. 

Dave and Lola Brubeck, The Real Ambassadors. 

A5D44A03-AF62-459B-9996-ABA501FB959B.jpeg

BDD3A0C9-2112-424F-9EB7-EC7B9842D249.jpeg

• Like 4

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto... Autumn in Seattle.

I don’t think the First Impression Music label exist anymore, certainly there hasn’t been any new releases for many years since founder passed away.

D24C1E85-3657-4540-AB3B-D93B0832EA9C.jpeg

• Like 3