Jazz: Currently Spinning

20190803_122622.thumb.jpg.4deaca84b12b8a5ba54e0d533bfca767.jpg

13 minutes ago, PKay said:

Also enjoying this Impex record of Shoji Yokouchi Trio. This is a must get while they are still around. It is absolutely stunning. 

7693174E-6EFB-4429-A910-19DDBC2F7DA9.jpeg

It is one of the best recordings I've heard,  on the Three blind Mice label - nice touch with Hammond organ for something different on a jazz album!

This is a very good album, two of the best together!

• Like 4

Picked up this today and very much enjoyed it this evening.  Good sq and lovely songs:

Norah Jones, Begin Again

In fact much better sq than the Leon Bridges album I purchased on vinyl at the same time. 

9C14F1CC-8887-44CA-B0B1-C66E37FF916A.jpeg

• Like 3

after being away for a month, great to spin some vinyl again:

Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame from 1960.  just released 80th blue note anniversary reissues - mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed and Optimal.  sounds great and the pressing is superbly quiet.

zfR9Te1.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, metal beat said:

after being away for a month, great to spin some vinyl again:

Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame from 1960.  just released 80th blue note anniversary reissues - mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed and Optimal.  sounds great and the pressing is superbly quiet.

zfR9Te1.jpg

you have a look at that line up Shane and its just remarkable musicianship in the making. You've motivated me to pull out my MM copy and open it!

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 3

Guest Misterioso
On 06/07/2019 at 9:34 AM, Dilettanteque said:

For those that may be interested.  Most interesting pairing, and a 3 hour schedule to boot

https://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/whats-on/2019/festivals-and-series/supersense/art-ensemble-of-chicago 

Anyone interested to meet up for dinner after this once-in-a-lifetime event? Lots of venues close by.

That looks like the Iris soundtrack album cover....

Picked up this today and very much enjoyed it this evening.  Good sq and lovely songs:

Norah Jones, Begin Again

In fact much better sq than the Leon Bridges album I purchased on vinyl at the same time. 
9C14F1CC-8887-44CA-B0B1-C66E37FF916A.thumb.jpeg.091936f74265fcea66b36393c4d8042b.jpeg
images.jpeg-1.jpeg
  • Like 3

Monday public holiday in Darwin (Darwin Cup), last public holiday until Christmas.  Been for a bike ride and a swim and did some house chores after a lovely lunch.  Now spinning some Miles Davis.  Notwithstanding his reputation, I have struggled to really enjoy some of Miles’ albums, particularly Kind of Blue and ******* Brew. Purchased (new) this one recently and have enjoyed it more:

Miles Davis, Round About Midnight

Not it that I mind but the **** above was inserted by the computer, not me

7927E448-4AEE-4E2D-95B8-A4C39AEEF069.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 2

A reputation has to be worth something right? 

So, notwithstanding the very dodgy cover, I purchased this Miles Davis album second hand on Sunday at the only second hand record shop in Darwin (run by a really nice couple on a part time basis). The record is in NM condition (but very thin vinyl) and is actually quite enjoyable. It sounds like something out of an 80’s movie with a groovy soundtrack (think Ghostbusters).  In fact there might be something to that as this album was released in 1985, a year after Ghostbusters

Miles Davis, You’re under arrest

C6E13473-8332-4CF3-8104-025C2FA45418.jpeg

• Like 1