Jazz: Currently Spinning

On 26/06/2019 at 5:44 PM, soundfan said:

Now have the LP. Also comes with CD enclosed.

My fave release of the year thus far.

20190626_154104.jpg

This is a great release!

Not what I expected, as its much more vocalised/accessible than I thought it would be.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

For those that may be interested.  Most interesting pairing, and a 3 hour schedule to boot

https://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/whats-on/2019/festivals-and-series/supersense/art-ensemble-of-chicago 

Now that really has to be a must see show.

Shame they aren't actually playing together ;)

• Like 2

On 04/07/2019 at 9:14 AM, Dilettanteque said:

Ben Webster - At The Renaissance

I just love this album cover!

Image result for Ben Webster - At The Renaissance

What a great line-up! Ben is Ben, Jimmy R and Jim H can do no wrong IMO, and I love the work that Frank Butler did w the Curtis Counce group - i’ve got everything they recorded. Hope the music on this one is at least as great as the sum of the parts!

edit: the reviews are very positive, but apparently one of the CD releases has very poor SQ - how is yours?

cheers

mick

Edited by mickj1
Read some reviews
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mickj1 said:

What a great line-up! Ben is Ben, Jimmy R and Jim H can do no wrong IMO, and I love the work that Frank Butler did w the Curtis Counce group - i’ve got everything they recorded. Hope the music on this one is at least as great as the sum of the parts!

edit: the reviews are very positive, but apparently one of the CD releases has very poor SQ - how is yours?

cheers

mick

I've been quite happy - it is a CD but i felt separation of players is quite good, presence seems ok. I quite like how they have balanced the audience noise in the tracks, which others may not like.  I don't find it intrusive, as it enhances the feeling of "in this place and time".

• Like 1