Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Mystery Road

Looking forward to it (June 2nd?) and I hope I'm not disappointed (which seems to happen more often as I get older:)

Begins 3rd according to ABC and yup also looking forward to it. The promotion film was good. 

Worth checking out the sequel. Goldstone. Wonderful, gritty Aussie cinema and Pedersen is better again. Love it when we get cinema right.

double episode 8:30 this sunday. I cant catch it but will make sure set on record :)

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-s-mystery-road-to-feature-tribute-to-late-actress-jessica-falkholt-20180601-p4zitx.html

boy I didnt realise it was also a tribute to the late actress Jessica Falkholt who was tragically killed in a road accident ! 

Movie was great!--Goldstone sorta lost it's way and didn't quite Gel as Mystery Road.

MR the better Movie

Yes interesting to see how they have strung out the premise over X number of episodes--Pedersen is a much underrated Actor deserves his big break --soon!

Willco

Edited by Willco

@Willco yes I agree, could watch Pederson all day, the man has fantastic presence.

So thankful I saw this thread - we watched the movie on Saturday night and have watched 4/6 of the follow on series. One of the best shot film pieces I’ve seen - absolutely awesome quality Aussie drama.
Highly recommend.
AJ

35 minutes ago, A J said:

So thankful I saw this thread - we watched the movie on Saturday night and have watched 4/6 of the follow on series. One of the best shot film pieces I’ve seen - absolutely awesome quality Aussie drama.
Highly recommend.
AJ

Hullo dear AJ, did you watch Goldstone?

Hullo dear AJ, did you watch Goldstone?

No but I’ll have a look

beautiful quality of photography and production.

we watched.... after watching 1st 2 episodes they announced if want to binge out can catch the rest on iview... wife said well why dont we :D 

so we watched episode 3 as well ! 

great to see aussie productions like this ! 

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, :) al said:

beautiful quality of photography and production.

we watched.... after watching 1st 2 episodes they announced if want to binge out can catch the rest on iview... wife said well why dont we :D 

so we watched episode 3 as well ! 

great to see aussie productions like this ! 

I have binged the lot whilst doing my ripping. :D

Pedersen could do any movie he put his mind to I reckon, here's hoping he doesn't get sucked up by the bland Yank mincing machine.

'Genevieve' (the backpacker in cahoots with the Nordic backpacker druggy guy) was the actress that died in the Boxing Day car crash, very sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5818905/She-smiling-Aaron-Pedersen-pays-tribute-Mystery-Road-star-Jessica-Falkholt.html

Wayne Blair, Aaron McGrath, Meyne Wyatt etc all excellent actors, the world is their oyster. All the other usual suspects were good too, I found Friels a tad wooden maybe.

Another thing I liked about the show, it showed a god cross section of everyone's story, well written. I didn't feel I was being invaded with an agenda as I watched,

.......And stepping into the time slot, the very excellent and droll " JACK IRISH" followed by new series " ******* ADELAIDE" - think of a loved- up David Lynch casting a jaundiced eye over domestic drama in the Church City. Funny, possibly sick. More please.

Billy.

32 minutes ago, Zen Mister said:

.......And stepping into the time slot, the very excellent and droll " JACK IRISH" followed by new series " ******* ADELAIDE" - think of a loved- up David Lynch casting a jaundiced eye over domestic drama in the Church City. Funny, possibly sick. More please.

Billy.

does it just kick off next sat-sun ? or have I missed something already ?