An australian film released locally on blu-ray.

13505186613_d1c0fd4b7d_b.jpg

4480795.jpg

Watched this the other day with a short review below,

Mystery Road - AUS Release - 5.1 DTS Master Audio

Movie - 4/5 - Not a film knew a lot about. But the word mystery in film title and being an Australian film involving murder, crooks and police set in outback rural australia sure got my interest. And its a film I instantly from the opening liked the feel off. A huge long list of australian stars whom form some interesting charecters. 

PQ - 4/5 - Well shot capturing the australian outback and country rural setting 

AQ - 4/5 - Good dynamics and sound effects to support the film

Overall - 4/5 - A film I enjoyed, 
a mystery thriller it indeed is. Great to see the australian movie industry producing films like this. I want to watch more australian films like this ! :) 

taken a few screen shots from the movie as an indication of the picture quality of this blu-ray release..

13463232735_5078f0d1c2_b.jpg

13463676654_b6539949d5_b.jpg

13463322505_7a88f0e9ac_b.jpg

13463324405_75b6baaa33_b.jpg

13463328345_9dc993177d_b.jpg

13463330235_29e1ca1fca_b.jpg

13463331655_c446b53217_b.jpg

13463437323_882d579cb6_b.jpg

• Like 1

I thought this was a fantastic slice of Aussie cinema. The stillness of the earlier sections are shattered by the final ten minutes. I hope it gets a second life on Bluray as it deserves a wider audience than the one it got on the big screen.

Adult cinema at its best.

I think this, with " RED HILL" and " THE HUNTER" are amongst my favourite films from anywhere in the past three years.

Why the hell are Aussie audiences indifferent to these brilliant films, but will flock to the latest piece of enormo-plex crap spewed out by Hollywood.

ZM.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 1

I thought this was a fantastic slice of Aussie cinema. The stillness of the earlier sections are shattered by the final ten minutes. I hope it gets a second life on Bluray as it deserves a wider audience than the one it got on the big screen.

Adult cinema at its best.

I think this, with " RED HILL" and " THE HUNTER" are amongst my favourite films from anywhere in the past three years.

Why the hell are Aussie audiences indifferent to these brilliant films, but will flock to the latest piece of enormo-plex crap spewed out by Hollywood.

ZM.

interesting you mention those two films ZM very much enjoyed them too. yep am not sure what it is about aussie audiences but really good films like this are over shadowed by holywood trash !

our film industry does seem to have a real stenght to make films like this :)I do hope more people get to see this one, we seem to have a rnght to make films like this :)

Re " THE HUNTER" -seldom has a film ended on a more unsettling note. It infuriates people. I heard people arguing all the way back to the carpark when I first saw it.

ZM.

Edited by Zen Mister

I heard Mystery Road did pretty well in the theatres?

not sure...it reviewed very well. but am not sure aussie audiences gave it a 2nd thought....certainly doesnt get the rah rah that holywood flicks seem to get. 

Just a little over $280,700.00. Consider what " Noah" grossed in the first weekend.

ZM.

And?

I bet the "Noah" advertising budget was a wee bit bigger.

I know which film I would rather see. ...and it certainly wouldn't feature that kiwi guy.

Just a little over $280,700.00. Consider what " Noah" grossed in the first weekend.

ZM.

I saw Noah

A bit not much good

Biggest problem not an accurate depiction of the story

Silly really because the Ol Testament reads better than Shakespeare and shows an imagination greater than any Hollywood scriptwriter could manage

But lack of audience for Aussie movies not related to popularity of US films

Why don't Australians read Patrick White a real novel about God instead of the da Vinci code nonsense

Why buy a fake burger at McDonalds instead of a real one at the local hamburger joint

I could go on

I'm starting to think that Russ sees himself as the new Charlton Heston.

Actually that would be somebody else who's name escapes me(Christian Beale?) coming before Xmas

The new Moses

Hope it includes the bit where God pops in to kill Moses because he didn't circumcise his son and was saved by alert wife who saw the angel and lopped off the offending bit and threw it against the Angels leg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

double episode 8:30 this sunday. I cant catch it but will make sure set on record :)

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-s-mystery-road-to-feature-tribute-to-late-actress-jessica-falkholt-20180601-p4zitx.html

boy I didnt realise it was also a tribute to the late actress Jessica Falkholt who was tragically killed in a road accident ! 

• Thanks 1

Movie was great!--Goldstone sorta lost it's way and didn't quite Gel as Mystery Road.

MR the better Movie

Yes interesting to see how they have strung out the premise over X number of episodes--Pedersen is a much underrated Actor deserves his big break --soon!

Willco

Edited by Willco
  • Like 1