Is there a cassette tape resurgence?

Watching RAGE a while back and 5 videos in a row had old TV sets and VHS players in them.

Just a retro thing trying to be different but everyone's doing the same thing.

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Played one of my own 'mix tapes' the other day and was struck by how easily I had been able to edit the input tunes by just 'Pause' 'Stop' or fading volume.  So much easier than having to screw about on the PC trying to digital edit.

• Like 2

Actually I have quite a good cassette player and just for a laugh I occasionally play some old cassettes on it. I used to record my own records and CD's onto high quality TDK tapes and the result was far superior to the very low quality pre-recorded ones that were sold. Even the stuff I taped off FM radio was better quality than the pre-recorded ones.

Just my 2 Bitcoins worth

Edited by holdencaulfield2007
  • Like 5

Actually I have quite a good cassette player and just for a laugh I occasionally play some old cassettes on it. I used to record my own records and CD's onto high quality TDK tapes and the result was far superior to the very low quality pre-recorded ones that were sold. Even the stuff I taped off FM radio was better quality than the pre-recorded ones.

Just my 2 Bitcoins worth

Had the same experience when I was a teen,  I use to record on a Akai portable that had a phono input.  The TT was a Yamaha P200 with a AT120e that I bought of The Sound Craftsman in Melb.  I experimented with APEX tapes until they cease marketing, so I used the TDK chrome.  But it wouldn’t be hard to do as the commercial recorded cassettes were done on high speed normal ferrite that sounded terrible.  I when into vinyl for this reason. :)   Now the secret is out...... :P

I have some cool original cassette singles. (Cassingles? :unsure: )

The ones that came in a cardboard sleeve and you push the cassette in/out like opening a matchbox.

Sabotage by Beastie Boys is one of them I think.

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

I still have my cassette deck, and a few factory cassettes, mostly rarities, remixes.

Use to be the done thing , race home with the latest vinyl or CD record it onto top so I could play it in the car.

With good 3 head deck and a chrome or metal tape, sounded very good.

I always lusted over a nak cr7.

I think I read somewhere (stereophile the guy that does a lot of budget stuff, that there is still a healthy cassette market over there.

Is it Roir records that do casettrs only?

• Like 1