Dalamii's Audio System

you never do anything by halves do you @@dalamii  ??   looking good. :)

Gotta laugh though - it seems like the most stable component in your system is the venerable Squeezebox Touch!! ;) Let me know when you're finally selling that and I'll take it off your hands. 

Haha correct, the longest item actually a pair fake Audioquest sky 1 M Interconnect still at my office haha. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 years later...

Finally moved into new place, have my own little listening area , no need to share with kids anymore. ?

Voxativ Pi Speaker

Dartzeel CTH-8550 MkII

Transrotor Orion

REL no 25 Sub

Gold Notes PH10, PSU 10, DS 10

2020-06-07 17.52.31.jpg

2020-06-07 17.52.48.jpg

2020-06-07 17.52.58.jpg

• Like 23

@dalamii

Nice to see the update, a very eclectic, and I am sure wonderful sounding, mix. You have had some amazing gear over the years, so I am really interested in your choice of the Goldnote DS10. Any thoughts on it you would care to share? 

43 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

@dalamii

Nice to see the update, a very eclectic, and I am sure wonderful sounding, mix. You have had some amazing gear over the years, so I am really interested in your choice of the Goldnote DS10. Any thoughts on it you would care to share? 

Thanks Markm111, I love Gold notes for many years already when I was using their Phono PH7 and I found their price/ performance is really high. Particular feeding them a good cable it sing a lot better.  Straight to the point, they're not the best digital I heard.

But now a day, New Dac chip is coming out every couple months, New model change almost every year or two. The DS 10 also have new model came out just this month? But I think they hold their value really good, a 5k RRP Dac Pre Headphone amp have SE balance Wifi Bluetooth, spofity . Tidal .... you name it. It amazing, I think this worth every dollar they list. 

For the price I paid, No complaint at all. And I believe this can sell very easily also in used market if I plan a big upgrade next ? If money not issue, yes I also want to buy Kalista 30 years CD player ( I been hearing this a lot for last 3 months), also love ot hear Esoteric K-01 XD, Play back MPD , DCS one CD player... etc But at this stage Gold note giving me the best money value until I have something I really want next. ?

Edited by dalamii
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, 2Brix said:

V'nice!   Have you tried adding a rug or other modest room treatment?

Yes, i am looking for a Rug and yes room treatment is one on my top list as well. Lots research ? 

• Like 3

No worries, i reckon start with simple treatments and err on the side of 'under damped'

Mine's just a rug on floor, big padded couches (bass traps), bookcases filled with books and DVDs,  and lots of boxes stacked in each front corner (?missus complains) i.e. there would be much more elegant solutions without going OTT.  My musically trained friends reckon i've got it about right soundwise.  Lots n lots of articles around (and even more opinions) but i found this article fairly clear http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-acoustic-treatment/  and personally my preference is Example Room 1' i.e. lightly treated.

Good luck, keep it simple, and enjoy!

Cheers

2B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Brix said:

No worries, i reckon start with simple treatments and err on the side of 'under damped'

Mine's just a rug on floor, big padded couches (bass traps), bookcases filled with books and DVDs,  and lots of boxes stacked in each front corner (?missus complains) i.e. there would be much more elegant solutions without going OTT.  My musically trained friends reckon i've got it about right soundwise.  Lots n lots of articles around (and even more opinions) but i found this article fairly clear http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-acoustic-treatment/  and personally my preference is Example Room 1' i.e. lightly treated.

Good luck, keep it simple, and enjoy!

Cheers

2B

Thanks very helpful articles 

19 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

@dalamii is it possible to move the speakers to the wall with the windows?

Thanks Cardiiii,  Original plan was like that but due to a work station, Garage door and also power point location(Power cord and speaker cable need longer .

It have to sit like this until all three problem solve. 

attached a whole area ?

IMG_0020.PNG

• Like 3

Depending on the room construction (cavity wall?  single storey?) it could be relatively economical to have power points installed on either of the windowed/exterior walls.

But looks like that Rel sub would need to be running on 3-phase power ?

I just looked up the specs...it's a monster ? you'd have to move it around on a pallet truck!

• 1 month later...