Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Dangers of cycling

Those scooters are the most annoying things. People leave them in the most inconvenient places (such as my bus stop), and the things shout at you and make annoying dalek-like noises if you try to move them. I don't care, I'll move the damn things if they are in my way, and they can squawk as much as they like!

9 minutes ago, emesbee said:

Those scooters are the most annoying things. People leave them in the most inconvenient places (such as my bus stop), and the things shout at you and make annoying dalek-like noises if you try to move them. I don't care, I'll move the damn things if they are in my way, and they can squawk as much as they like!

They do present a not insignificant tripping hazard. That said navigating ones way through the city sidewalks is pretty much an obstacle course of sandwich board signs and seats and tables.

2 hours ago, crisis said:

We have electric hire scooters.... In the most nanny of all nanny states I'm am actually surprised the government allows this behavior. Unless its one of their mates who owns the business. I am waiting for the first death or serious injury (and I'm surprised there hasn't been one) for them to be summarily shut down.

from May this year

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-09/man-dies-in-hospital-critical-lime-scooter-crash-brisbane/11098060 

Don't try this at home, folks. This guy's nuts!

I suspect there were several moments that stretched his comfort zone.  Excellent skills and didn't deserve to have his boat stolen.

On 25/01/2020 at 12:02 AM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Don't try this at home, folks. This guy's nuts!

That was very unpleasant to watch...