Item: Sansui AU-4900 Amplifier

Price: SOLD

Item Condition: Used, requires repairs

Reason for selling: Not required

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal.

Extra Info: Cleaned it up to use after pulling it out of the cupboard, but it has static on both channels, otherwise everything else seems to work. Repairing circuit boards isn't my forte, so hopefully someone else can find a better use for it. I may be persuaded to post it, but freight will be around $30 via Direct Freight.

Pictures: 

A57808E0-E93D-492D-B033-A4D1FBB69A9A.jpg

Edited by blacktopspirit
  • Like 2

I'll just first state that I'll prioritise anyone willing to pick up over freight, as I have limited access to packaging materials.

So far I have 2 interstaters interested, but I will sell it to the first person to pick up. if no one picks up by the time I can organise packaging it will go interstate.

I've got mine in permanent service at my parents place driving a set of Sansui vintage speakers - and another AU3900 for my daughter paired with a TU-217 tuner - she loves it - they both sound great - so yes these are definitely worth the effort.

Think I've got one of these in the shed at dads place. What are they worth in good working order? Worth a service and re-cap?

They are a good amp, and will respond well to a service and recap. There are a couple of known issues with these that will cause sound degradation over time and these issues can be taken care of as part of a refurbishment.

Cheers

John

Edited by skippy124

Errr I got it

Had the inside running, my sister lives at "the patch" 1-2k away from seller

And it turns out my nephew is sellers long term mechanic

Further seller will/has dropped amp of to his garage

While they are over tbe ridge hills ppl neither seller nor nephew play the banjo (sorry Cheekyboy)

I will match with my only other Sansui piece a tu417

skippy will contact its likely to need your skills

• Like 1

Errr I got it

Had the inside running, my sister lives at "the patch" 1-2k away from seller

And it turns out my nephew is sellers long term mechanic

Further seller will/has dropped amp of to his garage

While they are over tbe ridge hills ppl neither seller nor nephew play the banjo (sorry Cheekyboy)

I will match with my only other Sansui piece a tu417

skippy will contact its likely to need your skills

Typical - sounds like a story from Steptoe & son!  :cool:

• Like 1

Wasn't delivered yesterday!

Have I been gazumpered? Lot of that going non around here evilc -just ask Caddisgeek.

Has seller changed his mind? ;)

Or just busy tendin ta da sour mash?

Wasn't delivered yesterday!

Have I been gazumpered? Lot of that going non around here evilc -just ask Caddisgeek.

Has seller changed his mind? ;)

Or just busy tendin ta da sour mash?

I'll pick it up for you - - -  Frieeeenddd!  :D 

Sorry djb, your nephew is actually servicing one of our cars, and delivery on the motorbike didn't sound too appealing to me, I dropped it off this morning, Timmy should have it ready for you....unless he decides he wants it more than you... 

Edited by blacktopspirit

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.