Item: Sansui AU-4900 Amplifier

Price: SOLD

Item Condition: Used, requires repairs

Reason for selling: Not required

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal.

Extra Info: Cleaned it up to use after pulling it out of the cupboard, but it has static on both channels, otherwise everything else seems to work. Repairing circuit boards isn't my forte, so hopefully someone else can find a better use for it. I may be persuaded to post it, but freight will be around $30 via Direct Freight.

Pictures: 

A57808E0-E93D-492D-B033-A4D1FBB69A9A.jpg

Edited by blacktopspirit

Phew! I was first here and managed to resist...maybe I've kicked the Sansui habit finally?

I'll just first state that I'll prioritise anyone willing to pick up over freight, as I have limited access to packaging materials.

So far I have 2 interstaters interested, but I will sell it to the first person to pick up. if no one picks up by the time I can organise packaging it will go interstate.

Phew! I was first here and managed to resist...maybe I've kicked the Sansui habit finally?

I wish I could say the same for myself!!! ;)

Think I've got one of these in the shed at dads place. What are they worth in good working order? Worth a service and re-cap?

I've got mine in permanent service at my parents place driving a set of Sansui vintage speakers - and another AU3900 for my daughter paired with a TU-217 tuner - she loves it - they both sound great - so yes these are definitely worth the effort.

Think I've got one of these in the shed at dads place. What are they worth in good working order? Worth a service and re-cap?

They are a good amp, and will respond well to a service and recap. There are a couple of known issues with these that will cause sound degradation over time and these issues can be taken care of as part of a refurbishment.

Cheers

John

Edited by skippy124

Errr I got it

Had the inside running, my sister lives at "the patch" 1-2k away from seller

And it turns out my nephew is sellers long term mechanic

Further seller will/has dropped amp of to his garage

While they are over tbe ridge hills ppl neither seller nor nephew play the banjo (sorry Cheekyboy)

I will match with my only other Sansui piece a tu417

skippy will contact its likely to need your skills

Errr I got it

Had the inside running, my sister lives at "the patch" 1-2k away from seller

And it turns out my nephew is sellers long term mechanic

Further seller will/has dropped amp of to his garage

While they are over tbe ridge hills ppl neither seller nor nephew play the banjo (sorry Cheekyboy)

I will match with my only other Sansui piece a tu417

skippy will contact its likely to need your skills

Typical - sounds like a story from Steptoe & son!  :cool:

Wasn't delivered yesterday!

Have I been gazumpered? Lot of that going non around here evilc -just ask Caddisgeek.

Has seller changed his mind? ;)

Or just busy tendin ta da sour mash?

Wasn't delivered yesterday!

Have I been gazumpered? Lot of that going non around here evilc -just ask Caddisgeek.

Has seller changed his mind? ;)

Or just busy tendin ta da sour mash?

I'll pick it up for you - - -  Frieeeenddd!  :D 

WAY beyond the tram

Beyond the suburban strain beyond "Puffing Billy"

If you have been on that steam train you know the beauty of the rain forest

Lyre birds and all

It wasn't going the first day I was there but was going the next!

Sadly, I didn't have time to go for a ride.

I was staying at a B&B in Emerald.

Sorry djb, your nephew is actually servicing one of our cars, and delivery on the motorbike didn't sound too appealing to me, I dropped it off this morning, Timmy should have it ready for you....unless he decides he wants it more than you... 

Edited by blacktopspirit
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds DELIVERY ANYWHERE IN AUS is included in bulk price.

Charles Mingus - Presents The Charles Mingus Quartet Featuring Eric Dolphy
      1971 SEALED vintage original US Barnaby reissue
      (Z 30561) VG++/Mint
      Recorded at Nola Penthouse Sound Studios, NYC, October 20th 1960
      You could buy the Jazz Images recent repress and be bitterly disappointed, or grab a more reasonably priced 70's take like this one supervised by Jon Waxman, which probably had close to the Master tapes at hand?
      Some edgewear through the shrink (knocks), else the factory plastic is tight and the journey has been sweet for this 50 year old time capsule.

OST – Shock Treatment
      1981 SEALED US vintage 1st pressing
      (07599236151) VG++/Mint
      Company spine sticker intact under shrink, some corner bumps through shrink top left and right front.
      Factory plastic is tight and two original price stickers still on with marker pen on one extending 3cm over shrink.
      Another sweet little piece of history...

Utopia (Rundgren) - Swing to the Right
      1982 SEALED US vintage Bearsville pressing
      (BRK 3666) VG++/Mint
      Mastered at STERLING
      Tiny cut mark top right edge, else sweet all around.
      Original price sticker still on top right front.
      No wear - prisitine copy. Looks as new.

Whitesnake - Trouble
      1988 US SEALED vintage Club Edition reissue Geffen CRC
      (GHS-24175) VG++/Mint
      Very nice original 80's copy with one small corner ding bottom right front.
      Mastered by ARTISAN.

Whitesnake - Come and Get It
      1987 US SEALED vintage reissue
      (GHS-24167) VG++/Mint
      Very nice original 80's copy with tiny small corner dings, one corner edge poking thru shrink.
      Mastered by ARTISAN again.
      Tight factory shrink has corners curling, but will flatten once shrink released (if you do that).

& one not sealed

Sade - Diamond Life
      1985 US first Carrollton pressing non-gatefold
      (Portrait FR 39581) VG/VG++
      Cover has storage wear front and back, price sticker top right on front cover.
      Presentable in the fresh Blake sleeve.
      With really nice original paper photo inner.
      The wax is gorgeous - unmarked and bright
      Presented in lovely fresh MOFI-like poly sleeve.
      Featuring 'Herbie' NY mastering - great sound.
    • By sk280
      Item Condition: Used, Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Pennant Hills 2120 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Osko, Paypal Reason for selling: Funding upgrade Further information:
       NAD T748 7.1 RECEIVER with HDMI, ARC, HDMI PASSTHROUGH in excellent condition with original remote and microphone (also have original CD with manual, but need to search for it if buyer wants it)

- Full demo on pickup
      - Sounds fantastic even for 2 channel music, currently connected for stereo use, happy to demo 5 channels as well if required.
      - No issues at all, some marks cosmetically
      - Has 7.1 Pre Outs
      - Pickup from Pennant Hills area NSW 2120
      - Local pickup preferred and will be given preference over shipping.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Guest12345
      Item Condition: Used, Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Prefer to focus on 5.1 living room setup Further information:

I have, for sale, a used Yamaha Stereo Amplifier and a CD Player.

The amplifier is really good, it pushes speakers really well without breaking a sweat. The top of the amp stays cool even when I'm pushing the speakers harder than I usually would. The matching CD player is very quiet and loads up the CDs pretty quickly.

Product website for the amplifier:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s700/index.html

Product website for the CD player:

https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi/cd-s700/index.html#product-tabs

It's a nice set but I have realised that surround sound movies is where my heart is at. Very regretful sale.

Amplifier would have been $1,400 brand new, CD player would have been about $900 brand new. Total $2,300 worth of value at brand new prices.

Comes with manuals, remote controls. Pickup from Canberra only, demonstrations very welcome (BYO speakers and cable!).

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By sony.ng
      Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Cairnlea State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal cash on pick up Reason for selling: NLR  
      Further information:
       Good condition, new tubes and great sound 
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Prana69
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

This is a sensational pair of Australian made monitors. I could wax lyrical about how great they are, but you can just read pete_mac's listing of a similar pair from a few years ago to understand how highly regarded these are -> If pete_mac says they are good, you know it's true..  

Cosmetically, note these items:
      The cabinets are in VGC overall with just a few minor marks. One rear corner has a small ding. (see pic) If you have the time and patience, these cabinets would look amazing if you removed all the drivers then sand and re-stain them. The cloth grilles are a bit warped. This happened because when I bought them the covers were quite duty so I immersed them in water to wash them. I thought the frames were resin, but it turns out they are a fibrous cardboard/foam material and they absorbed the water. The warping is not noticeable from front on. There s a small hole in the fabric of one cover.  
      Original heavy metal stands included, as pictured.

Audition may be possible (with COVID-19 precautions) in near future if Melbourne metro COVD-19 restrictions are eased.

Questions welcome.

Pickup only unless you wish to arrange shipping through pack n send. (I don't have shipping materials for these).

Photos:

PLEASE READ