DAC Shootout / GTG - Saturday 15th March

Marc

Well, I have learned something from this. Regardless of the result, the killer and phasure implementation sound too fiddly for my liking.

(Might as well return to vinyl if it is this complicated)

Sounds like the AMR and PDX are plug and play devices, which would suit me better. Will have to put them on the demo list.

If you incorrectly ground any DAC or for that matter your phono amp you system is compromised. Plug and play is a myth even in IT. It just doesnt apply to audio,

Lol wipes tears from his eyes

Can this be beaten for thread of the year 2014?

Can NOT be defeated if it is allowed a combined entry with the now closed part 1.

We could make sure it is thread of the year by putting it up against threads we're pretty sure it will beat, having a convoluted testing process, and then hobbling the competition

We could make sure it is thread of the year by putting it up against threads we're pretty sure it will beat, having a convoluted testing process, and then hobbling the competition

Can you guys please get your giggles somewhere else? Im learning loads of stuff on this thread that will help my hobbie. Essential stuff like grounding in digital signalling. Your banter risks this thread being closed.

• Like 6

Observing from afar, it seems an awful like Mike and others went to enormous efforts to run a blind test grounded in reality. 

If some of the DACS need complicated setup (lifted earths, to be run off the same power board etc) that probably goes to show why they're enthusiast products for those who are prepared to, and have the technical skills, to seek the best sound with a soldering iron and indulge in the endless tweaking that this hobby allows. More power to them! 

In any event, we've probably had enough discussion of the alleged setup issues so that everyone knows where each camp stands in this thread, without needing to dive in to it further. 

If anybody in Sydney has the drive and passion to run a similar event count me in! In the meantime, thank you to all those who put in the energy to the event and sharing it with the SNA community. 

• Like 6