Firefox problems

Last week I had all sorts of troubles trying to navigate to and around my favourite computer sites, especially SNA.

My first thoughts were a malaware problem or virus. I then realised that Mozilla Firefox had downloaded the latest update taking me to Firefox 27. I deleted all the latest Firefox 27 things and re-installed Firefox 26 again and all was back to normal

Then it downloaded bloody 27 again so I had to disable all my update schedules - got rid of 27 and again re-installed 26. All is fine now except I keep getting prompts to download 27 because "it is very important that I do so".

Anyone else have this trouble recently?

I have a related problem - when using the 'reply' button to reply to emails they often arrive without text.  I contacted my ISP (iinet) who told me that 'Firefox doesn't like our coding' and advised me to switch to IE.  Problem - I dislike IE. 

Yes I had to defect to Chrome for a day as Firefox would not load a lot of sites properly. It has now been back to normal for the last 2 days.

I run Firefox 27.0.1

A, you might like to have a look at the link I'm about to pop up

Where do I find which version I have ?

Eman, you too might like the link I'm about to pop up

Click on "About Firefox  " and it will show you the version you have running

Mr Walker, not sure wheter you'd need this but I find it an absolute ripper when i want to find out exactly...I mean exactly what's on my PC.

Download this free application. I've had it for probaly 7 or 8 years  and when I'm not sure what I've got running on my PC both in hardware and software and licences and versions of what ever...well I just click on the shortcut on my desktop.

Have a look if you will, it serves no other purpose really than letting lazy buggers know exactly what updates they have, what drivers they have (for everything mind you!) and a ream of other things.

Belarc Advisor it's called...have a squiz here>>>Help for you

I know nowt about the 'Dark side' Mr Walker :)

I too can do a click through 'Tools' in windoze  but I find this particular little app a real beauty in it's depth...when I say it lists everything you have on your pooter...it really does do just that everything.

• Like 1

I'm running Firefox 27.0.1.

I think firefox has become something of a resource hog of late, but the performance degradation started well before 27.0.1. Seems to be busy when it shouldn't be doing anything. I often get high CPU usage alerts for firefox, but I have no idea what it is up to.

27.0.1 seems to be no better or worse than the previous version, at least in my experience.

A, you might like to have a look at the link I'm about to pop up

Eman, you too might like the link I'm about to pop up

Mr Walker, not sure wheter you'd need this but I find it an absolute ripper when i want to find out exactly...I mean exactly what's on my PC.

Download this free application. I've had it for probaly 7 or 8 years  and when I'm not sure what I've got running on my PC both in hardware and software and licences and versions of what ever...well I just click on the shortcut on my desktop.

Have a look if you will, it serves no other purpose really than letting lazy buggers know exactly what updates they have, what drivers they have (for everything mind you!) and a ream of other things.

Belarc Advisor it's called...have a squiz here>>>Help for you

I used that cos I don't know where the 'about Firefox' is. My, that is detailed.

It says i have Firefox Version 27.0.1. Working OK it seems to me.

Just found this. Glad I wasn't the only one having problems. After the last update, Firefox wouldn't even start at all! Had to switch to Chrome which I don't find quite as good. Thought I would try Firefox again this morning and blow me down it works again! Go figure

Firefox allows you to be on the upgrade channel which rapidly fixes any security flaws it can be unstable occassinaolly for a short time or to run an old stable supported version. Take your pick.

Its plugin are mightly eg allowing you to wipe ads off pages.