jaspert

SOLD: FS: Almarro A205 mk2 integrated tube amp ( black)

Item: Black Almarro A205mk2

Price: $950 sold

Item Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: Surplus

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

Upgraded volume pot, upgraded with WBT speaker binding , Russian cap replaced by V-cap.

Tubes are upgraded too.

One of the sweetest sounding EL84 tube amps. Very low noise and suitable for high efficiency speakers.

They don't turn up for sale locally that often.

Pictures:

IMAG1547_zpsqazqqxtz.jpg

IMAG1550_zpsfxfrh5g1.jpg

Edited by jaspert

Jasper! How's things, haven't spoken in ages. Didn't know you had one of these too. I'd never sell mine, such a great little amp. And you're right, they don't come up very often at all. I expect this will move quickly.

Very nice little amp. I've heard them do a sublime job with some big bad Tannoys and Hoyt-Bedfords.

Not interested Matt? I guess it comes up a little short of 100w and it definitely ain't SS.

Not interested Matt? I guess it comes up a little short of 100w and it definitely ain't SS.

Nah - I'm going surfing. Anyone with or considering high efficiency speakers should give this a whirl though

Question. Have you heard this with headphones? If so, which ones, and what did it sound like?

Cheers 

Almarro have a 20teens feel for el84 tubes the way (Haroid) Leak did with the 20s series in the 1960s.

A great buy- a classic- a keeper

Jasper! How's things, haven't spoken in ages. Didn't know you had one of these too. I'd never sell mine, such a great little amp. And you're right, they don't come up very often at all. I expect this will move quickly.

I'm well Glen. Since you won't part with yours, I had to get one elsewhere. :)

Question. Have you heard this with headphones? If so, which ones, and what did it sound like?

Cheers

I don't really know as I don't have any headphone. The only " giant headphone " I use is the big white thing seen in my avatar.

And cheers to Matt and David's comments.