JBL Owners & Discussion Thread

Re Naim

Not for $100 and sold at JBHI ;)

This year Naim introduced a $200,000 amplifier and the $1500 MUSO to compete with the B&W Zeppelin.

That way you can buy a MUSO and dream it has DNA in common with a Statement.

Your "brand identity" is everything these days. It always has been but today we live in the world of social media etc. jBL would know that and their niche is the studio/ pro look and feel, or the perception of that.

Edited by Briz Vegas

This whole money system stops me doing a lot of stuff I want to do too Husq. Am trying to figue out a way around it. ;)

I feel your pain unfortunately this usually involves something inappropriate ;)   

• Like 1

Guest Misterioso

JBL's new 3 Series of active studio monitors gets very good reviews. I would like to listen to them some day. They are incredibly cheap: The LSR305 is just $300 a pair.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dear All,

This my first post since lurking for 3 years in XT....

I would like to seek your recommendations to improve the sound of my setup.My current system setup....

speaker: JBL4425

dac:emotiva  xda-1

output:NAD3020 series20 integrated amp with tuner

Inter connect: diy enameled wire 22guage

speaker cable: 18guage enameled wire

Turntable:Lenco L75with AT95E catridge

(default phono rca...a hassle to change unless i change tonearm(T-T)...connect to int amp phono)

No CDplayer...

Description of sound output:Very smooth sounding and musical with pop n jazz music but classical music is lacking while playing with my laptop cd drive lol...but when streaming classical music from good source from the internet through shielded $5 usb cable it is almost amazing to me. I am happy with the sound so far but it could be better, would prefer a bit more extended high and a little bit more punch on the low frequency, then i will be very satisfy man wahhahahahahaha.

Hence i would like to seek your recommendations on the Interconnect RCA budget max sgd$300 a pair or speaker cable not more than $500 a pair which is better sounding then solid copper core?

A reasonably good vintage CD player budget max sgd$300 preowned, SACD player max $500 preowned. Currently a lot of vintage mediocre cd players are overprice...

I maybe asking too much for such a low budget, but i am humbly seeking your experience opinions and recommendations...thank you in advance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

• 5 months later...

May I know what speaker cables for the old JBL 43 series?

I use cheap cables the normal black/Red cable cord. Which gives a good Bass control. This was used during the old school boy

sound. On my 60yr old JBL Hartsfield. Running electronics Marantz Model 9 mono block, Model 7 and Mac MC2120 C29 Pre.

I use cheap cables the normal black/Red cable cord. Which gives a good Bass control. This was used during the old school boy

sound. On my 60yr old JBL Hartsfield. Running electronics Marantz Model 9 mono block, Model 7 and Mac MC2120 C29 Pre.

Wow, a real classic set up.

Will you spend the same sum of money to buy the old 43XX big speakers instead of today current speaker models, should it be JBL or other brands?

Wonder if I am crazy to do that

Well would get any time the old JBL, Altec or Klipschorn speakers which out perform modern  day speakers (Beside the newer JBL speaker e.g S series or the Everest DD66000 or DD67000) I hear a pair of speakers recently from Audio Note for $90K ( I would go for the JBL Everest) now day's pricing are ridiculous. Still with in range the vintage speakers at less than $10K

• 5 months later...