LogicprObe

NRL Footy Tipping

Even by the NRL's own standards, 2020 has been a bumper season for the coaching circus. By gee we've seen some  action.. 

Warriors

Dragons (probably)

Cowboys

Dogs

Broncos (maybe)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Fez said:

Even by the NRL's own standards, 2020 has been a bumper season for the coaching circus. By gee we've seen some  action.. 

Warriors

Dragons (probably)

Cowboys

Dogs

Broncos (maybe)

Reporting in NSW this morning is that McGregor has been sacked. It will be interesting to see if the NRL walks back Flanagan’s head coach ban now.🤪

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

35 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Farewell Paul McGregor. Dean Young to take over as caretaker coach after tomorrow nights flogging by the Eels.

A good and decent man but a very ordinary coach.  Dean Young for now and possibly until the end of 2021, after which Flanno senior takes over and Kyle signs up, for a father-son deal.

Do I care?....Nope.

NRL says the ban stays until 2022. Aitken's Auckland bound next year which is a bit of a shame. He's been playing well this year.

15 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

NRL says the ban stays until 2022

Which is why I reckon they will use Dean for now and next season and Flanno takes over in 22.

So wadda we got now - 

Interim coaches everywhere. ATM -

Possibly full time coaches for Warriors and Dragons? with Brown & Young - But the popular mail is they are keeping the seats warm for others. 

Cowgirls? - Is it Todd Payten front runner?

Dogs - Trent Barrett - Fox League reporting there will be a big clean out at the Dogs for next season. The "family" club is long gone - this is business.. 

Like to get your thoughts on the Broncos with respect to next year...You know the Broncos I think are the most valuable franchise in the NRL - Net worth I think is  the highest of all clubs. 

Surely it will be Kevvy for the Broncs next season. I doubt that anybody else even wants that gig.

If Dean Young works out for the Drag Queens they get a good coach for cheap and if not, Flanno takes over in 22., (if he is still there) He is only signed until end of this  season. As for the Cowgirls, I think Payten is a sure thing.

QLD press reports -- Siebold offered $1M to walk now..

Posted (edited)

I hope Seibold does walk.... but don’t think he will.

I think he will try hold on to the job and force the club to sack him down the track, with a better payout.

But he isn’t the only problem there, and more heads need to roll.

I was hoping last year after the truly embarrassing flogging the side got from Parra in the final series, that a clean out would be done in the off season to get this great club back on track.

Sadly not.

But on a brighter note..... I tipped a perfect round this week. :)

Edited by soundfan

10 hours ago, soundfan said:

I hope Seibold does walk.... but don’t think he will.

I think he will try hold on to the job and force the club to sack him down the track, with a better payout.

But he isn’t the only problem there, and more heads need to roll.

I was hoping last year after the truly embarrassing flogging the side got from Parra in the final series, that a clean out would be done in the off season to get this great club back on track.

Sadly not.

But on a brighter note..... I tipped a perfect round this week. :)

Well done and I picked all 8 this week too..........must have been an easy round!🤪

Seibold is due back to training on Wednesday and I reckon he won’t turn up. My tip is Walters for the job, but there will be a few putting their hands up for it.

1 minute ago, The Fez said:

Big challenge ahead for Griffin... Wish him the best 

Would you prefer Griffin or Barrett?

More than the Coach has been the problem since about the merger!

20 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Would you prefer Griffin or Barrett?

I think Griffin is the better choice, but Barrett is going to the Dogs in any case. Griffin is very experienced, and he's got a decent winning %. He is strong, and knows what it takes to get teams to finals. That's the first step for him, get the Red V back into finals contention at a minimum over the next 2 years. 

Latest reports suggest that Barrett is walking into an even bigger cluster f!@# at the Dogs than already reported. Its a massive challenge for him, given his lack of experience, however if he can turn it around and same as Griffin have the Dogs at least in finals contention it will be a successful appointment.   

Edited by The Fez

2 minutes ago, The Fez said:

I think Griffin is the better choice, but Barrett is going to the Dogs in any case. Griffin is very experienced, and he's got a decent winning %. He is strong, and knows what it takes to get teams to finals. That's the first step for him, get the Red V back into finals contention at a minimum over the next 2 years. 

Latest reports suggest that Barrett is walking into an even more of a cluster f!@# at the Dogs than already reported. Its a massive challenge for him, given his lack of experience, however if he can turn it around and same as Griffin have the Dogs at least in finals contention it will be a successful appointment.   

Totally agree. Dragqueens have made a good signing. 

Barrett is **** and the Dogs deserve everything he does not have to offer  -  outside of hair grooming tips. 

1 minute ago, metal beat said:

Totally agree. Dragqueens have made a good signing. 

Barrett is **** and the Dogs deserve everything he does not have to offer  -  outside of hair grooming tips. 

I guess you must have been out-voted at the selection meeting at the Dogs for head coach! LOL!

38 minutes ago, The Fez said:

I guess you must have been out-voted at the selection meeting at the Dogs for head coach! LOL!

No, I am happy they have that idiot Barrett.    

13 hours ago, metal beat said:

No, I am happy they have that idiot Barrett.    

Why the hate for Barrett? I'm not across his coaching career that much. I think he was with Manly for 2 years? as HC.  Pretty handy player, rep player, Dally M winner, he appears to be doing a good job at the Panthers mate?  

1 hour ago, The Fez said:

Why the hate for Barrett? I'm not across his coaching career that much. I think he was with Manly for 2 years? as HC.  Pretty handy player, rep player, Dally M winner, he appears to be doing a good job at the Panthers mate?  

that is why - a complete waste of space - only good doing his blue steel poses

Zoolander facts

Edited by metal beat

On 07/09/2020 at 10:40 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Anthony Griffin appointed as Dragons new coach.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/07/dragons-name-griffin/

Another prospect for the scrap heap in two years' time when the ultimate coach killing team work their special blend of indifference.

3 hours ago, metal beat said:

that is why - a complete waste of space - only good doing his blue steel poses

Oh you're a northern beaches boy are you? Gee you blokes can maintain the rage alright.  Sure 2018 was not great for the Silver Tails, but hey  Dessy Hasler aint going that great either mate! -   

3 hours ago, rantan said:

Another prospect for the scrap heap in two years' time when the ultimate coach killing team work their special blend of indifference.

Gees you're such a positive energy for the Dragons. Now I know you probably lived in Carlton, or Allawah at some point, but mate for the sake of your mental health -- let it go..:wink: O.o

Just now, The Fez said:

Gees you're such a positive energy for the Dragons. Now I know you probably lived in Carlton, or Allawah at some point, but mate for the sake of your mental health -- let it go..:wink: O.o

There was a wry smile and a good dose of irony when I posted my comment but the message is essentially  true.

My grandmother did live in Allawah and I grew up in Narwee, where we used to get regular visits at the primary school from some of the the classic Dragons team. Think Puff the Magic Dragon (aka Reg Gasnier) Johnny Raper, Norm Provan, and Graham Langlands etc.

These blokes were the essence of the Dragons culture of not only winning but pride in the club, both off and on field.

That spirit and culture has  been lost and will never return to the club and I won't ether.

I am now basically club agnostic and really enjoy being thus.