Audeze Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.:P

Been waiting for these cable impressions for a while. I'm holding off on a LCD-2 cable for now, I'm REALLY enjoying them with stock cable ATM just soaking the sound up, and feel no need to upgrade just yet.

These phones are really screwing up my sense of direction with audio they are just too organic:p.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I've got my LCD2 Rev.2s and I'm enjoying them. But they seem a bit tiring and a bit 'gaudy' sounding. That said, they're absolutely stunning on some recordings, particularly well-recorded and spacious tracks. Hopefully this will improve with time (I'm doubtful though).

Would be super curious to compare them with someone who has a Rev.1 to see if there's any truth to the 'darker'/'lighter' difference!

Okay, I've got my LCD2 Rev.2s and I'm enjoying them. But they seem a bit tiring and a bit 'gaudy' sounding. That said, they're absolutely stunning on some recordings, particularly well-recorded and spacious tracks. Hopefully this will improve with time (I'm doubtful though).

Would be super curious to compare them with someone who has a Rev.1 to see if there's any truth to the 'darker'/'lighter' difference!

Well, I have the Rev 1 and the last adjective I'd use to describe them would be "gaudy", so I'm sure the Rev 2 is quite a bit brighter and lighter. My opinion of the Rev 1 is that it's perfectly balanced, especially for classical, but you need to use a resolving amp. I tried the Matrix M-Stage but found it slightly on the dull side. I currently use a Muse dac/amp, which can be obtained on Ebay for around $100, with outstanding results.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180712220485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• 6 months later...

i'm looking to upgrade from my stock cable and have decided on a moon audio blue dragon v3.

my amp is an audio-gd master 6 which has single 4 pin xlr out, as well as dual 3 pin. when i go to purchase from their site - http://www.moon-audi...hone-cable.html first they ask for headphone connection type and the audeze option adds $25 to the price, then there's the termination type, of which i have the choice of single 4 pin or dual 3 pin.

which termination would be better and what is the headphone connection type option for, seeing as though i'ts not the termination type? is it for the connectors that attach to the phones?

• 6 months later...

Anyone had any experience with Q-audios cable for the LCD-2? Placed an order for mine recently. I was initially going to go with Alo's SXC cyro treated silver cable but didn't want to fork out that much on a cable (first aftermarket headphone cable, a little skeptical) and I do prefer copper.

Edited by h2oxide

Anyone had any experience with Q-audios cable for the LCD-2? Placed an order for mine recently. I was initially going to go with Alo's SXC cyro treated silver cable but didn't want to fork out that much on a cable (first aftermarket headphone cable, a little skeptical) and I do prefer copper.

I use them with my LCD 2.2s and have found that they are an improvement over the stock cable.

I haven't compared them against any other cable, so I don't know how they rate in that regard, but I find the sonic improvement/bang for buck to be quite respectable.

Edited by cfcjb

I'll be honest, I don't think cables really make a difference. However, my original LCD2 stock cable actually snapped/teared itself and I'm not sure how, I got it replaced under warranty no worries. Now I have one of the new round cables (the original was the flat one) and it seems to be built a little better, but the way the cable must have been sitting, the cable is twisted, and I fear the original problem may happen again.

I'm looking at getting the Q cable as the build quality looks really quite good, and seems to be one of the cheaper ones. But I don't expect to hear any sonic differences at all.

EDIT: @h20xide, If I understand right and you bought a Q cable, would be interested to hear your impressions on it once you get it, in particular build quality.

Edited by Sam1

Could we put links to the cables we're talking about to make it easier for lazier people like me to find them ;-) Just googled ALO but not entirely sure that I found the same cables as to what everyone is referring to ;-)

Dave

Q-cable

http://www.q-audio.com/

ALO

http://www.addictedt...ble-Audeze-LCD2

Edited by h2oxide

Thank you. I know I was looking at a cable a year ago, and it was the Q. The cable design has changed it seems since I last looked, do prefer the original look. Reasonably priced and Steve was very nice to deal with. Sadly, probably 4 months before I can afford something like this...possible more, since 2013 I'm focusing on a car.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP,

I would say you're definitely hearing those improvements, another customer I was chatting to bought the ALO cable rather then an amp upgrade. He couldn't hear the differences in the amp, but heard more detail with the cable swap!!

• 1 year later...

Hey.

Been a long time since I've posted.. I've heard these the other day, and these are in short, amazing! The LCD-2's I used to have sound slow in comparison, and pretty much cure any criticism I've had with the 2's. Rich, balanced (if that's possible!!) and absolutely awesome mids to die for.. I'm no audiophile, so I'm not getting into specifics, but these, if a pair of $2000 headphones are on your list, get them!

What's your opinion?

I prefer the LCD-3 paired with a really good amp over the LCD-X.  The 3's are more laidback with lusher mids - easier on the ears over longer periods, with the X more upfront (as far as Audeze goes)

But -

The 3's need a _really_ good amp to open them up where the X don't.

If I hadn't already invested in the 3's + a good amp I would get the LCD-X, no question :)

Both the 3's and the X are far above the 2's imo...

Edited by gavtron