Need a pre-pro...

Can anyone suggest one with DD/DTS, analogue inputs with XLR if possible, video switching isn't really a concern for me so none is fine..

But cheap - I'm using a Pioneer ax4 which is just overkill and I dont use its power amps..

Thanks!

Yeah, im realising this.. the linn AV 5103 looks ok.. no XLR though :( poop

Not overly fond of the Rotel RSP, the 1068 has too many features. I just need good 2ch and 5 channel DD/DTS. Lack of XLR is a issue though :)

Yeah, im realising this.. the linn AV 5103 looks ok.. no XLR though :( poop

Not overly fond of the Rotel RSP, the 1068 has too many features. I just need good 2ch and 5 channel DD/DTS. Lack of XLR is a issue though :)

There is a Linn 5103 on eBay atm. Sitting at $1000 atm, bidding ends tomorrow night. Wonder what it will fetch?

Jeff

There is a Linn 5103 on eBay atm. Sitting at $1000 atm, bidding ends tomorrow night. Wonder what it will fetch?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, yeah seen it. Looks nice, but no XLR :(

I cant afford a $20k Kisto...

For XLR connectivity, which only seems to be present on the more expensive units available and of the current batch, maybe a soon to be superceded Cary Cinema 11, which can be had for around $2.5K as used or ex-demo. As soon as the 11a is released (patiently waiting) there will be quite a few of these available I would have thought. These are audio only, with no video circuitry at all.

I currently have one, which will be going back to my dealer as soon as the 11a is available.

I don't know what else to suggest with balanced in/out.

Dastrix,

there is a new Integra coming out that some people have already imported from overseas. It is only about 2k us so should be reasonable. It is getting good reviews and has balanced connections.

Here:

http://integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DTC-9.8&class=Separates&p=i#

There is also a new Marantz coming out that is supposedly better but which will be about 5k in Aus. It also has xlr connection.

Otherwise I think the best option would be to track down a used EAD or Lexicon on e-bay. Especially if you only need legacy dolby digital and DTS and not the new HD surround codecs.

best of luck,

Ray.

Thanks Guys, LD ill look into the Cary

The Integra looks good but ive heard of guys importing them with all sorts of issues - the Integra would be fantastic as its quite cheap I hear...

Locally though, they cost a fortune! :(

It's a pity about the prices we have to endure over here. If someone made a reasonable pre/pro available at a competitive price I reckon they'd sell them like hot cakes. The Integra certainly looks the goods, I'd hate to see what the local price what be if they made it to our shores though.

Hopefully NAD might come good and update their pre/pro with decoding for the new HD audio formats.

Cheers

CJ