Sign in to follow this  
rob2

FS: Audiolab 8000Q pre amp

Item: Audiolab 8000Q pre amp
Price: $450
Item Condition: as new
Reason for selling: upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank deposit

For sale is an Audiolab 8000Q pre amp in first class condition. This would suit a new buyer, it is in such good condition, and the remote still has the protective cellophane. Soundwise the bass is full and solid, the mids are rich and detailed and the highs very smooth - its musically very satisfying. 

Comes with everything - original box, complete packaging, remote control, manual and power cable.

Edited by rob2

Is it a uk made or the later china made?

I'm not aware there were different models. On the machine it has the Huntingdon address but nothing specifically saying 'made in England' or China for that matter. Its pretty heavy and very solid.

Does anyone have any clues why I'm getting a server error when I try to upload pics?

Edited by rob2

How old is the unit   that will tell us where its made?

I'm not aware there were different models. On the machine it has the Huntingdon address but nothing specifically saying 'made in England' or China for that matter. Its pretty heavy and very solid.

Does anyone have any clues why I'm getting a server error when I try to upload pics?

Marc has just said in another thread that there is a server error or something like that and that he's on it.

Regarding the age, I don't know the date of manufacture (it doesn't appear on the case). I bought it a few months ago as brand new old stock. That's all I can tell you.

Colour please?

The colour is black.

According to this link http://theartofsound.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-24442.html you can tell the country of manuf from the serial no.  Serial A-F is UK made, pre TAG, G or higher, TAG-made. I have one of the earlier ones and love it partnered with the 8000P. P GLWTS

Edited by peterears1

There is a G in the middle of the serial number so I guess its TAG made.

Its still a fine pre amp and I think no real difference from the 8200. And its a great price for an as-new pre amp.

Edited by rob2

Would be one of the last  uk made ones with the tag boards

Close to a pa20r  which I owned once

Good pre  for the dollars  and good luck with the sale

Edited by david j

I looked seriously at buying 1 of these before buying something quite different ;)

A good buy a great buy at this price

The Different  between Old/New  Audiolab  8000Q  where is it Made? ( UK & China ) Pictures below . The one Made in UK Are clearly Said Made In England Also there is A Pair Of XLR connector Upgradable & the other ..............

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Saxe
      Price: $ Item Condition: As New. Excellent 9.99/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: McKellar State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Cash P/U, Bank Deposit or PayPal (+3%) Reason for selling: Changed direction not being used. Further information: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By getdisdude
      Item: AUDIOLAB M-DAC with Bonus Analysis Plus USB cable
      Price: $550
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This is a fantastic DAC and i've enjoyed it more than i expected to.  I've used it mostly for USB audio which it does amazingly. I've since got a streamer/dac which i'm also happy with, so don't need this anymore. 

I will throw in a bonus Analysis Plus Purple USB cable with the sale. 

• By vic
      Item: Concert Fidelity CF-080LSX
      Price: 
      Item Condition:9/10 very good
      Reason for selling:Surplus 
      Extra Info:
       Fantastic 2 channel pre amp,  able to upgrade to the latest version.Original box and remote.

Pictures:

• By Marcdee
      I've just acquired a JH turntable for free and could use a steer on getting it sorted and running. The owner bought it new in 1974. Does anyone have any idea what model this is? (obviously google hasn't helped with finding manual).   

Keen on getting it going. The owner (my neighbour) is non-techie but he said they'd taken it to Carlton AV here in Melbourne, and they said there was an issue with the wiring in the tonearm. Advice was the cost to fix was too high for the unit.  

I've plugged it in and run it through my amp; sounds fine although I had to manually rotate the disc. I'd like to get a manual or something with detail on the internals to see if I can get it living again. 

Some questions for the forum (obviously I've googled first with not a great deal of luck on this specific machine):

I need to replace the belt but not sure what the correct size is - any suggestions? The existing belt is really overstretched so I can't use that as a gauge. 
        I don't get how the 33/45 speed change works. Looks like you pull the spindle up to change speeds, I'm assuming it's moving the belt on to a smaller pulley. Would be great to see an image of how it's meant to look set up correctly so I can sort it once I replace the belt. Here's a vid: https://imgur.com/ivZxmGI
        The tone arm lever appears to be out of whack, again any suggestions on how it should sit? At the moment the arm seems to be coming up under the left side and I can't rotate it around without breaking it. 
        I'm assuming a new cartridge is in order, but can't find a source for info on what is compatible with that tone arm.  
      Would appreciate any steers to online info (not expecting the forum to do everything for me, but I'm a turntable newbie with 'beginners' electronics skills). 

cheers, pics below.

• By Gazman
      Item: NAD 1155 Pre & 2200 Power Amp (WITHDRAWN)
      Price: $600 ONO
      Item Condition: Great 
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Extra Info: Great package for a vinyl or digital setup, the NAD 1155 Stereo Preamp unit sounds great and has a wonderful phono section. If you're looking for an inexpensive entry into higher-end vinyl performance, this classic little preamp is for you, it has both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono stage with adjustable capacitance.

The NAD 2200 power amp is conservatively rated at 100w per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 400W into 8Ω (mono) and and the ability to drive low-impedance speaker loads without difficulty. This amp has heaps of power and has fantastic dynamic headroom with a clean neutral sound and all the power you need when you decide to crank it up. 

Both units are in great condition with some very minor surface scratches on the edges, see pictures. Both units have been serviced recently.

Pre Amp Specs 
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.56mV (MC), 1.2mV (MM), 80mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 78dB (MC), 80dB (MM), 95dB (line)
      Output: 12V (Pre out Max)
      Dimensions: 420 x 75 x 276mm
      Weight: 4.13kg
      Power Amp Specs
      Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 400W into 8Ω (mono) 
      Frequency response: 3Hz to 80kHz 
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03% 
      Damping factor: 100 
      Input sensitivity: 0.7V 
      Signal to noise ratio: 111dB 
      Speaker load impedance: 2Ω (minimum) 
      Dimensions: 420 x 123 x 370mm 
      Weight: 12.5kg 
      Photos: