APAN BRU-121

35 minutes ago, Tezza1970 said:

HI all

Have had  Apan Bru 121, a Phodis CE 6000 amp and some really nice old Phillips speakers for a few years now. It's all obviously 70's vintage but it really good nick. Any idea what it'd all be worth ? I haven't been using it of late and the wife is eyeing off the space on the TV unit.....

In case you're thinking of listing anything.....

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/announcement/30-classifieds-policy-read-before-posting/

• 8 months later...

Hi there first post and asking a favour to solve one problem regarding my Apan BRU121 where the tonearm come scratched while coming back to the rest position halfway and found there is no rubber or plastic on the shaft where tonearm get supported any suggestions welcome.. in advance

Hi Everyone,

First time posting so please let me know if i have posted this incorrectly. I just found a Apan BRU-121 sitting in a garage. It looks mint but i noticed the power chord looks different. It appears to be a Type A power cord like that used in the US.

There are no markings or stickers on the cord or unit and i am worried it may not be 240v? Does anyone know if Type A was ever used for Australian units?

type-A-power-plug-370x300.jpg

hi Chris, and welcome, i had an identical Apan with the same chord, this was so the Apan could be plugged into an amplifier, this was common in the early days, i got a tech to check the Apan and change the plug

2 hours ago, wen said:

hi Chris, and welcome, i had an identical Apan with the same chord, this was so the Apan could be plugged into an amplifier, this was common in the early days, i got a tech to check the Apan and change the plug

Thanks for the response Wen, greatly appreciated! So a tech can just change the plug to standard power cord? No issue with 240V or Hz?

• 1 year later...

I have one of these on the bench. Turntable stopped turning. So, after checking microswitch and capacitor (which is good) I turned my attention to the motor. I stripped it down, cleaned and lubricated it, but still no go. I will need to replace the motor. I know it's a tall ask, but does anyone know where I can source one? Or do I write this off?