Sign in to follow this  
Peter the Greek

Game of Thrones

just checked the specs of the download through foxtel. Its only a 700mb file streamed. This is in comparison to a 1.3gb download from Itunes.

I wonder whether the foxtel will actually be 1080p, and then i wonder whether my internet will be able to sustain everyone downloading it in the house at once

I might have to join your pirate ship peacewise ;)

just checked the specs of the download through foxtel. Its only a 700mb file streamed. This is in comparison to a 1.3gb download from Itunes.

I wonder whether the foxtel will actually be 1080p, and then i wonder whether my internet will be able to sustain everyone downloading it in the house at once

if you're paying the HD channel version for SohO it will be - but I think it costs extra to buy HD channels...

if you're paying the HD channel version for SohO it will be - but I think it costs extra to buy HD channels...

The foxtel boxes have limited bandwidth so they have to squash some HD content..The more HD channels you subscribe to the more it gets squashed.

I'd suggest the audio would be DD5.1 through iTunes and perhaps only prologic via foxtel???

I have Foxtel including HD channels but would still prefer to wait for the BD set. I just don't understand why they wait till the next season is almost with us on Foxtel before releasing. Surely better to ride a wave of positive public interest.

The foxtel boxes have limited bandwidth so they have to squash some HD content..The more HD channels you subscribe to the more it gets squashed.

I believe you only need the basic package plus HD to get GoT. I have sports plus HD (to watch footy on the projector) and I briefly turned on a series 3 episode the other night

Game of Thrones season 4 is on Showcase (3:30pm), it's HD (1080i) and 5.1 DD.

Edited by KenTripp

hmmm, well now i dont know what i want

i like the ability to watch anytime i want, which i wont get with Foxtel. other hand is DL ing is a pain

hmmm, well now i dont know what i want

i like the ability to watch anytime i want, which i wont get with Foxtel. other hand is DL ing is a pain

Do you not understand what an iQHD does?

Spot on!

Love that guy and his videos.

I tried to watch ep1 of s3 last night and ended up browsing this forum after about 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the screen in case Tyrion came on.

Then I fell asleep.

Most tedious show I've ever watched.

Closely followed by Boardwalk Empire.

Game of Thrones season 4 is on Showcase (3:30pm), it's HD (1080i) and 5.1 DD.

Shhh, unless there is some free temporary offer on I'm getting the movies package including Showcase SD for free. I'll probably put on a series record till I've finished watching series 3 then watch Foxtel.

Do you not understand what an iQHD does?

I dont want another box in my system, i want less boxes. Foxtel Play i can use through the Xbox or PC

Foxtel have a nice deal going where you can get Foxtel Play for $35 for 3 months (just the right amount of time for the season of GoT). So i signed up for that, now to see how it all works - and whether the internet is fast enough

Less boxes is good (although I know which one I'd be getting rid of) but isn't Foxtel Play only SD (if that), you've got to pay for the internet bandwidth used and after 3 months it gets pretty pricey. At least you've now sort of got Foxtel and I hope it all works out for you.