I don't mind saying I received a pirated copy of season 1 & 2 from a friend prior to its release date... Bloody good copy it is. So I watched it all, then bought the blurays after it came out legally.

Pretty poor business practice to facilitate the pirate copies to be available before the legitimate copies, I don't suppose there are too many who would do what I did.

Stannis a "nutcase" crikey, where's that come from?

Edited by peacewise

I did the same thing for season 1 & 2. Obtained copies of the episodes as they became available, then pre-ordered the Blu-ray sets when they were released. I'll continue to buy the Blu-ray sets even though I'm now paying for each episode on iTunes, because nothing beats the quality of Blu-ray!

Edited by twwen2

Season 1 i bought Blu Ray without ever seeing it before. Season 2 i was so into it that copies were obtained another way

Season 3 i will buy through iTunes. I just wish it could be in another format that Jriver would recognise so all my sounds settings and Hardware Accelerator works.

Would also like my broher to be able to watch it up stairs wihtout having to buy his own. We could have just streamed it through the NAS drive, but no, Apple man, sheeesh

Apparently Martin has shared the major plot events with the makers of GoT so that, in the event of his death, the series can be completed satisfactorily. I for one sincerely hope he can finish the books; I've read all the ones published so far and am dying to see the ending. The Starks better get some goddam retribution!

I would absolutely be up for a HBO sponsored ending as they've done a marvellous job so far and Benioff and Weiss (exec producers) clearly have a great grasp and love of the material.

George just needs to write faster:

Downloaded the lot long before they were available elsewhere. Watched then. Loved them. Buy them? - nope, cos they will sit in a cupboard for years along with all the other box sets I've bought,watched and now only lend out but don't watch myself.

Edited by danter

Watched the first episode of season three (iTunes) with my wife the other day.  Yesterday I finished the second book and so am right up to date with story and characters and found myself pausing a number of times while watching the show to answer backstory questions from my darling wife.  There is a lot of stuff happening in the second book and a lot happening in S3 E1 and I doubt that there would be many watching the show that could fully remember the backstories.  The first book was faithfully reproduced by the television series almost wholus bolus but the second book is quite different.  Entire characters and events have been omitted for the sake of clarity and items from future books have been brought forward even into the second series.  Having just read Book 2 I wish that the tv show had been able to reproduce the full story because I think the tale is thorough and brilliant and compelling plus we would have needed another dozen episodes to get through it.  Who would be up to Game of Thrones 40 weeks a year?  I'll put my hand up.

Anthony

The blurays are outstanding quality, well worth it IMO.

+1, a mate gave me the first on Bluray for Christmas, the second quickly followed, they're superb

Who would be up to Game of Thrones 40 weeks a year?  I'll put my hand up.

+1, I love this show, its so well produced its not funny, I'd be more then happy to watch it week in, week out

Hi

Have watched the last two seasons over the past fortnight, looking forward to the new series when I get home tomorrow....

JJ