Jump to content

Recommended Posts

SPOILER!!!

 

 

I like this rewrite and it all definitely makes better sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2019 at 8:04 PM, MoveD said:

SPOILER!!!

 

 

 

I like this rewrite and it all definitely makes better sense.

 

 

Yeah. This would have been much better. It’s a continuation of the story instead of what we actually got, which was a season that could stand by itself. Where was the magic? The backstory was just crapped on. Arya’s training? Why did we sit through a whole freaking season watching her develop her skills only to have her just run around the city in a daze for the entire last episode or have a sex scene? So many long and interesting character arcs just fizzled into nothing. The biggest WTF moment for me was Bran’s reaction to being named king. I switched it off at that point as it was just taking the piss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2019 at 11:45 PM, deviltoob said:

 

Yeah. This would have been much better. It’s a continuation of the story instead of what we actually got, which was a season that could stand by itself. Where was the magic? The backstory was just crapped on. Arya’s training? Why did we sit through a whole freaking season watching her develop her skills only to have her just run around the city in a daze for the entire last episode or have a sex scene? So many long and interesting character arcs just fizzled into nothing. The biggest WTF moment for me was Bran’s reaction to being named king. I switched it off at that point as it was just taking the piss.

Yeah biggest WTF for me was the Night King getting killed by Arya's ninja wire-fu! It was an open clearing and she literally appeared out of thin air? The White Squires who do SFA except pass their king his spears where in formation but back at the edge of the ring of people like everyone else, but apparently Arya moved close enough to them to make their hair move, then appeared 20 odd metres in front of them atop the Night King?? Not to mention the Night King touched her flesh..

 

An 8 season villainous threat, from the opening of the very first episode, and we get rickrolled like that?

 

Pffft..

 

That rewrite is pretty on point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, likwidsh0k said:

Yeah biggest WTF for me was the Night King getting killed by Arya's ninja wire-fu! It was an open clearing and she literally appeared out of thin air? The White Squires who do SFA except pass their king his spears where in formation but back at the edge of the ring of people like everyone else, but apparently Arya moved close enough to them to make their hair move, then appeared 20 odd metres in front of them atop the Night King?? Not to mention the Night King touched her flesh..

 

An 8 season villainous threat, from the opening of the very first episode, and we get rickrolled like that?

 

Pffft..

 

That rewrite is pretty on point.

 At the time I didn’t mind the scene where the Night King died as I thought they would have an equally enthralling battle down south to end the story with a bang. But, in hindsight, when all we saw was Cersei standing there doing sweet **** all for the entire last episode, I realised the whole thing was basically wrapped up. 

 

 Euron’s whole role was particularly shite by the end. I have no idea what his motivation was by that point. He just became a plot device designed to annoy the viewer. 

 

I think its it’s clear the show suffered from a common occurrence in TV shows and movies these days. They are particularly good at writing the start and middle of a story but when it comes to delivering the main point of the shows existence they try to outsmart the audience by trying to make themselves look ‘creative’ but what really happens is they end up destroying the story in the process of trying to be cool. I blame Christopher Nolan for all that.

Edited by deviltoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Arya kill was some payoff for all her faceless man arc, which I didn't enjoy much and upon learning it was a Mission Impossible thing even less, especially when she is mimicking people considerably taller than her. Yeah these 2 excellent villains, from the opening ep, one does bugger all and gets ninja wire-fu'd and the other crushed by rubble. Also there was so much strategically wrong with the Night King battle, eg sending in the Dothraki on their horses with normal blades, when planning they had no idea the red witch was going to return and flame their blades, so they would have been sacrificed as they were but with normal blades without slaying a single undead. Plus the Night King didn't raise them and charge Winterfell with undead Dothraki on undead horses. Talked about that at Whingepool before I saw the rewrite mention of the undead horses.

 

Euron was the most ridiculous out of place and out of nowhere character shoehorned into any TV series pretty much. Especially when he left Dragonstone abondoned with its doors open when if he had moved in the Greyjoys would have one of the most impregnable castle and control the seas to the east and west and the strategic entrance to Kings Landing and made him a far more interesting believable relevant and integral character not just 'cool dude'.

 

There is a for this show though, the books ended at book 5 / season 5 and so D&D had no source material to script from and wrote most of the last 3 seasons stories/dialogue/arcs themselves.. "Series creators David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, the showrunners, write most of the episodes each season."

Edited by likwidsh0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...