I finished the third book a few nights ago. I'm beginning to like Stannis Baretheons chances of becoming king. Seems to me he is the only contender who isn't a complete and utter dishonourable so n so.

Mind you, Mother of Dragons has a nice pair, she would be well loved. And what a brilliant thing to do with her first command to the Unsullied!

just downloaded the latest from iTunes.

now i need to figure out a way to get it to my HTPC. F*ck i hate iTunes

Me too. I tried just copying the file onto my Plex Media Server - no go. Looks like I'll have to install iTunes on the HTPC.

Me too. I tried just copying the file onto my Plex Media Server - no go. Looks like I'll have to install iTunes on the HTPC.

I gave up that fight and just got an Apple TV. It's the easiest solution and saves you having to mess up your HTPC.

It's a tiny black box that you can leave off most of the time.

I finished the third book a few nights ago. I'm beginning to like Stannis Baretheons chances of becoming king. Seems to me he is the only contender who isn't a complete and utter dishonourable so n so.

Mind you, Mother of Dragons has a nice pair, she would be well loved. And what a brilliant thing to do with her first command to the Unsullied!

Stannis is a nutcase.  Didnt they overthrow the previous king, ie: before the Baretheon's took over because he was mad?

Ive been thinking about gettin gthe ATV, quite functional and good for movie purchases etc. But that means its another bloody box, with another power cord, another ethernet port, another HDMI cable.

It would be easier if they didnt DRM the crap out of everything.

It was stuttering like Ken (Fish called Wanda) and then would blank out entire passages while the video caught up to the audio.

I gave up and just watched on the PC. Cant wait for this season to 'get into it' loving the build up

yes it is a quality series

The books were very good as well.

HBO have done a good job some minor scenes (in the books) are missing but not to the deteriment overall.

I will watch with lots of enthusiasm as the series grows into 4,5 & 6

Chewie

All this downloading stuff (and having to wait a couple of days) and messing about with HTPC's and iCrap. There is an easier way. Great show so far BTW, hoping there's more of the same to come.

All this downloading stuff (and having to wait a couple of days) and messing about with HTPC's and iCrap. There is an easier way. 

Last year I would have agreed. This comic summed up the situation perfectly:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last year there was no way of obtaining the show legally in Australia. However, this year iTunes has each episode available in 1080p just 2 days after the US airing. People whinge and moan about iTunes, but the reality is it works just fine.

Anyone using a 2-day delay to justify piracy is akin to a spoiled brat. Anyone using anti-iTunes bias as an excuse to justify piracy is just being difficult and lazy. This year the product is available legally, in high quality (better than 720p torrents) and is easily accessible (just get off the couch and install iTunes, it's not that hard).

Winter is coming!

Thanks for the comic, very good, and theoatmeal.com, never seen it before, will no doubt spend some time there. Share your thoughts on piracy and as such don't mind the small cost for viewing the show via Foxtel.