Sign in to follow this  
Peter the Greek

Game of Thrones

21 hours ago, blybo said:

I quite liked the final episode... EXCEPT... Bran's story line had basically stalled a couple of seasons back and he was simply taking up space and not doing much, and then ends up with the ultimate prize despite giving the impression he didn't want it, yet appeared to know all along he would end up king. 

Bran was the most annoying part of the whole thing. They establish that he could manipulate the past when he wargs. The knight king comes and he's off warging during the whole battle right up to the point the knight king arrives to kill him, apparently just using some birds to look around. Also did he manipulate other events to get to the throne, big hole should have been covered.

Decided to not wait till the disc release, bought it on iTunes, about to start ep 3, so far 1 and 2 have been brilliant. 

I had zero issues with how Arya left the show (I presume her leaving with the hound was her last scene) it’s how it should have been. All her training paid off and she re-united with the only one she could trust. Happy days. 

Now, I’m assuming there’s going to be some dragon destruction tonight 😍

1 hour ago, Sime V2 said:

I had zero issues with how Arya left the show (I presume her leaving with the hound was her last scene) it’s how it should have been. All her training paid off and she re-united with the only one she could trust. Happy days. 

Now, I’m assuming there’s going to be some dragon destruction tonight 😍

Have you actually watched the last episode. That's not how she left the show.

33 minutes ago, groovem said:

Shhhh.....

i havent seen it yet.....

2 hours ago, groovem said:

Yeah, I was keen to say this - but didn't want to drop a spoiler  ;) 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, groovem said:

Read again what I said in the post you quoted. 

I only assumed this because it looked familiar to the way someone described her last scene. 

Edited by Sime V2

Posted (edited)

Well, don’t know what everyone else was expecting, but that was an absolute masterpiece. 

Ned and Catelyn should be proud. 

Edited by Sime V2

And the morel of the the story.....

Raise you kids well 😉

What a let down of a season! The last 2 season have been average compared to the first 6..It really felt like they had a list of things to tick off in the story so they just went through the motions to get it done..I'm devastated! Lucky i can always fall back to Deadwood and the Sopranos over and over..

2 hours ago, SCOOTER said:

What a let down of a season! The last 2 season have been average compared to the first 6..It really felt like they had a list of things to tick off in the story so they just went through the motions to get it done..I'm devastated! Lucky i can always fall back to Deadwood and the Sopranos over and over..

I agree @SCOOTER, very disappointed in this last season in particular. I would count Breaking Bad in with Deadwood and the Sopranos too.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

On 24/05/2019 at 4:30 PM, SCOOTER said:

Thing is Martin didn't write most of the last seasons so what pandemonium we always expected didn't transpire. I thought the last ep was a bit Hollywood and soft given the tone of the earlier stuff but I guess you cant end it with everyone being killed. Ironically probably the ending everyone wanted but didn't want to see.

I've come to appreciate the final episode, it has a certain melancholy about it that is alluring on later watches. Tyrions scenes are subtly acted and he has some good speeches.