Sign in to follow this  
Peter the Greek

Game of Thrones

Worst episode ever. Absolutely boring, predictable, did I mention boring?

6 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Totally agree. A disappointing finale.

Still trying to understand the significance of the final scene myself (Snow/Wildlings).

I had very low expectations for the finale but I ended up enjoying it, mostly. I thought it was the most consistent episode, in the context of the inconsistent S8 plot progression. I think if they had executed the finale season better, better closures, more consistency, more build-up, they would have ended up more or less with the same finale but it would have been much more satisfying.

I haven’t seen this last series yet (waiting for the disc release) but my wish for the last episode was for of course a huge battle where everyone dies, including Tyrion killing his sister (I don’t know if she dies and by who) and Tyrion being the last man standing. Last scene, he walks into the iron throne room, stares at the iron throne, walks over, sits in the chair, pours himself a wine, takes a sip, exhales, smiles and the from behind the throne, a hand grabs him by his forehead, pulls his head back hard, and cuts his throat, and then fade to black………………

After watching this last episode, I have to say it makes this whole season very poor overall. Some of the character arcs played out as we expected, but in such a short amount of time?

Ultimately, even with the battles in this season, nothing felt grandiose, green screen work was very poor, particularly this last episode. One of the things this show did so well up until the current season was create a sense of scale, that the Seven Kingdoms was a huge world in itself. Nothing about this last season felt "big". I'm sure the writers/creators will say that was deliberate and it is all about the main characters? I say horse***t. The show peaked with the battle of the Bastards.

Lets hope George writes his own satisfactory conclusion to this world in the future.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Totally agree. A disappointing finale.

Still trying to understand the significance of the final scene myself (Snow/Wildlings).

I think they pretty much nailed it with no major complaints from me.

My memory of the last scene was Arya sailing off in to the distance.

I was underwhelmed with the very limited level of plot twists in the final season - not what we had come to expect of GoT. IMO a simple change could have put a whole new complexion on things by having Bran's eyes flash blue when no-one was watching [highlight the gap to read - don't know how to do spoilers here].

13 hours ago, Goatboy said:

While I think the season was rushed in parts, I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode and some of the ironies. I read the books as they came out, and realised I've waited 23 years for an ending. Still like to see George have a crack at completing the books, but that's unlikely. D&D did an incredible job at putting what seemed like an unfilmable story on the screen. Technically, it has to be the greatest accomplishment ever for the medium.

When a show goes on so long as GOT did, the writers face a difficult job in trying to come to a proper conclusion.  Having seen all, I feel that the show ran out of puff and some of the rather weak plot lines in the last season is representative of the fact that it was just too hard to reach the heights of previous seasons.  I found the last episode to be very rushed with major plot holes and a very unconvincing ending.   Having the main characters sit in a semi-circle and glibly agree with Tyrion (with no real discussion of the idea or even debate) that Bran should be King was rather ludicrous. 

9 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Could have been worse, they could have all become lumberjacks!

Underwhelmed after watching for 8 years. The lack of any comment between my wife and I about it at the end was telling. I think I put on a Youtube video and she checked her whatsapp 😉

Seemed to me that it was deliberately left with key characters intact, ripe for a future restart or spinoffs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrC said:

I found the last episode to be very rushed with major plot holes and a very unconvincing ending.  Having the main characters sit in a semi-circle and glibly agree with Tyrion (with no real discussion of the idea or even debate) that Bran should be King was rather ludicrous. 

But they all know Bran is a special being without equal and like no other.

Compared to everyone past and present he is absolutely non corruptible and the fact he can't breed a little **** was what sealed the deal.

Edited by Satanica

Apparently there are five spin offs already in the works and two already have a green light for a pilot episode.

We already know of a prequel, so perhaps there is the potential for sequels that follow the story of Arya, the North Queen, or Jon and the Wildlings?

Was just underwhelming, It really needed a big twist at the end to get back to the GoT we all love. 

Unpredictability was what made the show great. 

I loved the final episode.  The Dragon Queen got hers, Tyrion kept his job, Jon Snow got his wolf back and Ser Bronn got to sit on the small council and rebuilt the brothels.

The Mega Happy Ending was the biggest twist of the whole series!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DJGopal said:

The Mega Happy Ending was the biggest twist of the whole series!

I don't see it like that.

The Mega Happy Ending would have been a non psychopathic-pyromaniac marrying her nephew and inbreeding as queen and king happily ever after with Cersei's ashes in an urn on the mantelpiece.

Edited by Satanica