Sign in to follow this  
Peter the Greek

Game of Thrones

I see that 300,000 people have signed a petition to get the last episode remade with "Better Writers".

1 hour ago, groovem said:

I see that 300,000 people have signed a petition to get the last episode remade with "Better Writers".

Gets my vote.

....please, as if Daenerys would turn mad - she's all about free the slaves, let people live in harmony blah blah, there is NO way she would just go and burn a million odd people on a dragon....its garbage

So who'll survive? Arya had better not get killed....

I really liked the twist, all despots are blinded by their own vanity and millions pay.

39 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I really liked the twist, all despots are blinded by their own vanity and millions pay.

Me too, but it wouldn't have hurt devoting another episode or two of her "going to the dark side".

16 hours ago, groovem said:

How about a petition demanding better picture quality than the bandwidth starved crap that Foxtel serve up.

16 hours ago, Peter the Greek said:

Gets my vote.

....please, as if Daenerys would turn mad - she's all about free the slaves, let people live in harmony blah blah, there is NO way she would just go and burn a million odd people on a dragon....its garbage

Such a significant character arc would have been discussed and confirmed with George RR Martin himself.

It ties back to the below clip. I agree though that the shorter season made this seem to happen very quick, but it was always going to.

Season 2 Clip 

Daenerys went mad, so be it, Arya will kill her now.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thathifiguy said:

confirmed with George

He's said a number of times that the narrative in the books will be very different to the TV show. Too much too soon imo if it was going to happen.

Edited by Peter the Greek

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2019 at 6:21 PM, Peter the Greek said:

Gets my vote.

I don’t know , I picked it about 3 seasons ago. I said to the missus she is going to turn out worse than Cersei.

I sat there with my bottom lip on the floor in shock but definitely not surprised. 

I loved it , can’t wait to see how it ends. 

Edited by Pops110

On 17/05/2019 at 6:54 PM, groovem said:

I've been thinking all along with this series that the story is going to poo. I thought episode 3 and 5 became boring with monotonous scenes of battle and mass homicide going on far too long. That is not what this show has been about.

I suppose Arya now has a new name to add to her list.

1 hour ago, blybo said:

I've been thinking all along with this series that the story is going to poo. I thought episode 3 and 5 became boring with monotonous scenes of battle and mass homicide going on far too long. That is not what this show has been about.

But this is exactly what it's been building up to. Did you think everyone was going to shake hands and have a big piss up with Tyrion?

43 minutes ago, Satanica said:

But this is exactly what it's been building up to. Did you think everyone was going to shake hands and have a big piss up with Tyrion?

Spot on mate. Wasn’t going to be all Rainbows and Lollipops. 👍

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

Of course not, but killing off so many people in 2 episodes alone in such obvious manners sort of leaves me feeling let down. I wanted a face to face with Cersei and Danny. Cersei just standing their looking smug until obviously beaten was an anti climax. 

Will Jon be forced to kill the (now clearly unstable/mad) women he loves or will Arya do it? Or more likely knowing GoT tradition, will Danny become all she hated in a Tyrant who kills off the Starks and Jon? Where's Tyrion btw?

I'm particularly disappointed in the story line of Bran, it's just fizzled out when it promised so much.

A dwarf will sit on the iron throne!

While I think the season was rushed in parts, I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode and some of the ironies. I read the books as they came out, and realised I've waited 23 years for an ending. Still like to see George have a crack at completing the books, but that's unlikely. D&D did an incredible job at putting what seemed like an unfilmable story on the screen. Technically, it has to be the greatest accomplishment ever for the medium.

On 19/05/2019 at 1:30 PM, warweary said:

A dwarf will sit on the iron throne!

It seemed the only sensible outcome......the "Hand" to the Throne, ultimately reasons policy .

I predicted such a ending several posts ago., .....Though, placed as a 'Hand" wasn't perceived.