13 hours ago, Porkbuns69 said:

It was and talking to an army mate yesterday - whos a GOT fan, he agreed but he did call it some tactical move that was quite common back in the old age of warfare  Apparently horsemen infantry could mow down infantry men like a sickle to hay - but where it went wrong was the enemy was a bunch of *dead* folk..so that move didnt make good strategic sense.  They (as in the Winterfell army) should have taken a defensive approach and start off leveling the field of the dead with the ballistics and ranged attacks.

The rock throwers did one lob and that was it, they should have been fairly raining it down once the poor old Dothraki lights disappeared.

1 hour ago, Peter the Greek said:

I was thinking this morning that its a bit of a LOTR rip off. King dies, all the minions just drop off the face of the planet.

Anyway, I'm glad they've closed that part of the story, I was a bit over it.

So long as Arya and the Hound survive the next fight I'll be happy (probably not!). In fact did the Hound make it? Is there a list of who snuffed it last episode? 

The Hound is my fave and that's the first time I have ever seen him scared of anything.

25 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

The Hound is my fave and that's the first time I have ever seen him scared of anything.

It was the fire, his face is the way it was from his brother (Gregor) sticking it in a fire as a kid. I liked how seeing Arya snapped him out of it.

2 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

It was the fire, his face is the way it was from his brother (Gregor) sticking it in a fire as a kid. I liked how seeing Arya snapped him out of it.

Of course it was, ta for the reminder.

32 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Of course it was, ta for the reminder.

I only know that because I've just ploughed through the audio books! Its mentioned often

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

I thought it was because he was a changed man (his whole conversation with Ayra prior to the battle indicated that). When he was scared, he also said something about there being no point to fighting because it was impossible to beat the walkers. I think he was more scared of the dead than the fire.

Edited by deviltoob

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, deviltoob said:

I thought it was because he was a changed man (his whole conversation with Ayra prior to the battle indicated that). When he was scared, he also said something about there being no point to fighting because it was impossible to beat the walkers. I think he was more scared of the dead than the fire.

One thing we know either way, he was FREAKING SCARED!!

So was I.

Bloody great dead dragon started crawling around there, I was EVEN MORE SCARED.

Edited by Darren69

Who will sit and rule in the end ?

I'm thinking Tyrion Lannister and [Remember they are Married] Sansa Stark.

The only two characters that would be equally wise on the way people react with each other being, Tyrion.

And the Staunchness required to back her husband up, if required after being put through the ringer by pretty much everybody beforehand.....She will know how to deal with them, especially since her sister has killed the Ice King.

Kinda interesting vid but relates to GOT at 2:30 about the darkness

4 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Who will sit and rule in the end ?

I'm thinking Tyrion Lannister and [Remember they are Married] Sansa Stark.

The only two characters that would be equally wise on the way people react with each other being, Tyrion.

And the Staunchness required to back her husband up, if required after being put through the ringer by pretty much everybody beforehand.....She will know how to deal with them, especially since her sister has killed the Ice King.

Last man standing?

Perhaps Daenerys and Jon will go down Romeo and Juliet style? 

Cersei has to die, surely?

21 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Kinda interesting vid but relates to GOT at 2:30 about the darkness

The reason a lot of people wouldn't have been able to see what was going on it GOT due to 'Darkness' is a simple one.

Their screens Grey Scale tracking would have been out, the only way to fix it is to calibrate you TV screen.....pretty much all TV's except for the most expensive OLED's are out in this regard.

Once sorted you will be able to see all the detail, even in the darkest of scenes.

You can do it yourself, it's not hard, you just need to buy a Xrite i1Display Pro meter [Aus $399 ] and use the free PC calibration software HCFR, and use the walkthrough guide below.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

On 03/05/2019 at 6:54 PM, Tweaky said:

The reason a lot of people wouldn't have been able to see what was going on it GOT due to 'Darkness' is a simple one.

Their screens Grey Scale tracking would have been out, the only way to fix it is to calibrate you TV screen.....pretty much all TV's except for the most expensive OLED's are out in this regard.

Once sorted you will be able to see all the detail, even in the darkest of scenes.

You can do it yourself, it's not hard, you just need to buy a Xrite i1Display Pro meter [Aus $399 ] and use the free PC calibration software HCFR, and use the walkthrough guide below.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Could be true

I got some advice from Geoff at Toma Audio

drop colour

drop the contrast

increase brightness

which I did And hey presto

dark scenes today very clear but still dark but no trouble watching

had a short watch of Foxtel box recording of last weeks episode 

100 percent improvement 

Lots of intercourse this episode! Celebrate the victory in style.  But that Cersi wench is lurking.

People with procalibrated displays had a poor time with ep3... it was very poorly encoded