44 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

It was pretty bad 

the last 5 minutes was almost unwatchable 

Might watch it again just to see if it is the same

Picture gets very dark shadows around the characters 

I can only imagine it's cables/aerial/hookup stuff maybe? Or telly is stuffed but if all other shows are fine then that's not it. Would be distracting no doubt.

Never imagined that cersie would actually do that with a greyjoy.

1 hour ago, warweary said:

Really?  I saw it coming a mile away.  She needed to bed him ASAP so that she could pass off Jamie's baby as his...

Posted (edited)

Really low light at the end at last Harth but thought the PQ and shadow detail was excellent. Sony oled, AppleTV, streaming from HBO direct.  YMMV

i was happy narratively with where they went and easing back into it.  Going to get crazy now.

dont worry about run time, US/HBO pads excessively with recaps and post show interviews - easily 10 mins worth.

Edited by Zinzan

7 hours ago, Peter the Greek said:

I can't believe (well I can as its typical of the series) that they wasted an entire episode more or less setting the scene and letting us know where people were....

Indeed.  Expected much more for season opener, they did a re-cap at the start anyways, why bother with the re-introduction of characters and where they''re at..  only 5 more ep's to go..

3 hours ago, warweary said:

In the books she'll bang anything to get ahead

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Porkbuns69 said:

Indeed.  Expected much more for season opener

Yep.

I recently worked out why I'd gone off the show a bit - they ran out of original content. I only just finished listening to the Audio books, something like 250 hours (a bit less, but whatever, it was massive). The show is way, way ahead (in timeline) compared with the books, so the hack producers had to write it themselves, presumably with some input from Martin, but it just sort of went flat.

Cant wait for the next book. I just hope he lives long enough to finish it.....probably needs another 20 or 30 years at the rate he's going. I'll be gutted if it gets left hanging as in the case of Stieg Larsson's work... :( :( :( 

Edited by Peter the Greek

Watching on a Foxtel Now streaming box and the picture is woeful. I suspect the shitty PQ is more than just the 720p resolution. Dark scenes on my FALD TV were terrible.

Pretty good cinematography in 1080.  I appreciated the overhead view of winterfell, that's a castle I could build in age of kings.

On 15/04/2019 at 1:28 PM, keyse1 said:

Any idea why the picture quality is so bad

Is it Foxtel 

Or me

its an Oled tv

Mine is a basic HD Sony with a FOXTEL IQ HD box. Picture looked pretty good and the sound was great. There were some odd artifacts in one of the darker scenes but overall pretty good.

I watched a couple of movies on Netflix 

Crystal clear

Seems odd that other people had good picture quality

Will see what next Monday brings

I am using Foxtel Now and the picture quality was better than last year, however I didn't watch it until Tuesday so there may have been less demand on the servers.

I personally think that Foxtel Now should have the same quality as Netflix otherwise people won't watch it.

I’ve been watching it through Xbox one X on the Foxtel play app. Picture quality was really good. Yes the blacks were a little dodgy but that comes down to choice of telly I think. I have a 4k TCL which is great for the money but it really doesn’t do blacks very well.

An excellent episode 2 tonight, lots of threads interweaving meeting at winterfell.

So much anticipation for Ep3!!!

It should be an epic battle!