Sign in to follow this  
n.litzow

Speaker Pairing for Rotel RA-1520

@ n.litzow, they are nice looking speakers those Monitor Audio GX100, and if you loved the sound..........., i mean we can all give our advice but it is your ears that have to be the judge.best of luck with whatever you finally choose, Mark

Edited by nothing1

@ n.litzow, they are nice looking speakers those Monitor Audio GX100, and if you loved the sound..........., i mean we can all give our advice but it is your ears that have to be the judge.best of luck with whatever you finally choose, Mark

Thanks nothing1. I will definitely go with my ears in the end but am always eager for the opinions of ears more experienced than mine!  :)

I will also definitely be auditioning as many of the suggestions as I can before buying. I really don't like the idea of buying "deaf" (ie online) though. It seems far to fraught with danger.

If anyone's interested, I ended up with a pair of Osborn Eos.

http://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au

They are excellent speakers and I can confirm that they sound great through the Rotel RA-1520. My second choice would have been the Monitor Audio GX100s. I also listened to the KEF LS50s and ProAc Studio 100s which were both great also but not quite as good as the other two in my opinion (for my amp).

For more discussions on this topic see this thread:

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/66387-proac-studio-100/#entry1125154

Congratulations great speakers, hope you have many years of listening pleasure and that the upgradius bug does not show up to soon, Mark

Congratulations great speakers, hope you have many years of listening pleasure and that the upgradius bug does not show up to soon, Mark

Many thanks, Mark! Appreciate it!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bruins2011
      Price: $800 Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Windsor, Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Upgraded Item: Dynaudio Emit M20 (Pair)
      Price: $800
      Item Condition: Perfect, As New
      Reason for selling: Have upgraded 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This pair of Dynaudio Emit M20's was bought new by me from The Audio Tailor here in Brisbane less than 12 months ago. They are satin black lacquered finish, in perfect condition and have never been abused - less than 100 hours use. I ended up deciding to upgrade after I upgraded my turntable - the wicked cycle of 'what's next' after an upgrade. These speakers have received multiple awards for their price point. Would prefer local pickup but can ship at buyers expense.

• By jomjom
      Item: dynaudio C1
      Price Range: unsure
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:   Good condition.If it comes with adaptor plate for stands even better.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By stubo0179
      Item: Rotel RB-1080 power amplifier or equivalent 
      Price Range: 600 - 1000
      Item Condition: New demo or used
      Extra Info: After a well looked after Rotel power amplifier to match my RMB-1075, so preferably a RB-1080 in silver and black. They will be powering my mains for music duties primarily and movie duties (Energy C9 Connoisseur). But I'm open to a newer RB-1582 if available or demo. But if you have something along those lines and similar priced then by all means let me know. Cheers  

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Nstat
      Price: $4500 Item Condition: Excellent Condition Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Further information: 

Dynaudio Focus 400XD
      1 and a Half years old (approx) and in perfect condition.
      These speakers are fantastically accurate and precise. They allow high fidelity recordings to sing and the junk gets found out.
      General specs
      3 x Drivers per cabinet
      Each driver has its own 150 watt amplifier
      Crossover is DSP
      450 watts per cabinet
      Located in Brisbane
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By AR9
      Price: $180 Item Condition: 7.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Algester State: Queensland Payment Method: eft, cash on pick up, paypal Reason for selling: no longer required Further information: 
       I bought these from an Audio Shop in Caxton St. They are approx. 2m in length. I can't tell what they are but from memory, I bought pair of blue Heaven and a pair of Solar wind but sold one pair locally last year and kept this pair. Although the cables are identical but one has a blue line at the edge and the other one is clear. Perhaps someone here who is familiar with Nordost cables and can help identify with further info.  Apart from that, one terminal has recently broke off but can be re-connected if you are a bit handy. Cables have a few creases but no major bend or breakages ( apart from what mentioned above).  A arrow direction has been marked on both cable as per photo. Cable is silver in colour and no oxidisation whatsoever
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.