Sign in to follow this  
Markymark

SOLD: FS - Rega Planar 3 turntable - great potential but needs some attention

Here we have a Rega Planar 3, the first turntable I ever owned, bought from new in the UK back in 1980-ish.   It did great service for me for many years but has been boxed up for quite some time, and upon opening, I can see that it needs some attention.   If I was half handy with a screwdriver I would see to it myself, but as I now have a perfectly good Rega P5 I don't feel the urge.

Anyway, the TT is an "original" Rega Planar 3, serial number 137274.  It has a Rega R200 arm and R100 cartridge, again both originals. Everything is about 33-34 years old.  It still has a British power plug on it, and original cabling etc. for that authentic look! 

Without wishing to promote it too enthusiastically, I would suggest that this TT could form the basis of a project to create a fine sounding turntable from some very good components.  

The good bits:  The plinth, glass platter and felt mat are all in excellent condition.  The tinted perspex lid is also fine, as are the working hinges, although there are some light scratches on the lid where I have cleaned it perhaps over-enthusiastically over the years. Still has original packaging (although bizarrely the serial numbers on the box don't match).

The not-so-good bits: It needs a new drive belt, the existing one is stretched and brittle.  The motor needs some lubricant.  The R200 cueing lever does not work (i.e. the lever does not raise the arm to the full height and then the arm and lever slowly falls back down  - I believe could be fixed by an expert hand and some silicone grease).  I'm not sure about the anti-bias belt although the anti-bias mechanism still seems to be doing its job.  So IMO for $50-$100 this could be made as "good as new".  Obviously there are many more tweaks and upgrades possible for the enthusiast.

The TT is located near Manly in Sydney, pickup is obviously preferred if only to avoid unnecessary Auspost charges.  However, it does have good packaging so I will ship anywhere if necessary as long as the buyer pays for it :)

Price:  $250 or good offer out of which 10% will go to Stereonet.

Reason for selling: surplus to requirements.
Payment Methods: Paypal or Cash on pickup

post-112026-0-58834500-1388980458_thumb.post-112026-0-77867800-1388980436_thumb.post-112026-0-58289900-1388980560_thumb.post-112026-0-83481300-1388980620_thumb.post-112026-0-41636000-1388980778_thumb.post-112026-0-24080300-1388980757_thumb.post-112026-0-37990000-1388980737_thumb.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RadBrad
      Price: $200 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Manly State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: In excellent condition. Latest revision with improved pads and removable 2.5mm connects. Comes with original box, 3.5mm cable and 6.3mm adapter

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Rawshack
      Price: $250 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Bought these a couple of months ago, before I settled a new house so, along with some other things, has to find a new home. Drivers are magnavox circa 1960s. 

Lovely sounding vintage speakers and selling with a (genuine) heavy heart. 

Photos: 

• By Rawshack
      Price: $275 Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Beautiful Vintage Sansui AU-101 amplifier in perfect working order. Recently serviced with all pots cleaned. 

Selling due to house move and need to clear the decks. 

Pick up in inner north melbourne or delivery at buyers cost via sendle or other courier.

Thanks

• By cordlessmatt
      Item: Rega Exon 3's, with pre or without
      Price Range: Negotiable
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:
      Looking for a pair of Exon 3's, hopefully in Melbourne, in as good condition as I can find. If there's a pre with them, will consider, but without is just fine 🙂
    • By Special K
      Price: $2200 Item Condition: Immaculate Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on pick up Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Selling a few items on behalf of my friend as his personal circumstance have changed.  

Items are pretty much new with as little as 50 hours of use on them. 

Preference to sell them all to the one person, however happy to break up if there are buyers for all of the items. Items are based in the south East  of Melbourne and could possibly be dropped off as well as they need to be gone ASAP. Keen to see how low some of the prices go, however please don’t be offended if I don’t responded for ridiculous offers. 

Looking for someone locally, however have the boxes for the TT and therefor can ship if no local buyers are found. 

1. Project 2Xperience SB Turntable (Walnut) including Ortofon 2M Cartridge
      2. Rega Fono MM
      3. Wireworld Luna 7 RCA