Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

SRA VR Platforms

So I got the first shipment from SRA today (Silent Running Audio - now at Krispy Audio!). They seem very sturdy and well built, and even come with foolproof indicators to show where your gear needs to sit. 

Very happy with them  :lol:

sravrplatformcrate.jpg

sravrplatformpackage.jpg

Edited by Krispy Audio

The decoupling looks excellent, no doubt filled with depleted uranium to help resonance dampening. Can I have them in black with white arrows?

The arrows are an optional extra but well worth it imo. So yes, yes you can. 

In my state of curiosity I decided to un-screw the lid and I found that you can take the shell off and run it naked. You lose the arrows though:

d7k-0992.jpg  d7k-0993.jpg  d7k-0994.jpg  d7k-0997.jpg  d7k-0998.jpg  d7k-1002.jpg

I prefer the wood versions - got a bit of a nostalgic flavor to them. The stone ones look plain heavy.

Agreed. I also like the wood look with the arrows. I hear they align particles to offer a more pure listening experience. Reminds me of a coconut audio rip off.

SRA's VR isoBASE platforms are custom made to each component. Ie they put a set of scales under each footer, determine the weight, and construct their platforms to suit not only in size, but in the way their materials work to isolate from vibrations. Part of the internal construction (which consists of over 80 parts) is a dense material that changes density with vibration/weight so that in my case with 2/3 the weight on at the rear of these amps, they use more of this material to counter the vibes. 

Just a quick vid to show what's going on inside, these are not just lumps of timber, they are the most purpose-built platforms I've encountered. Even the textured finish is a functional coating (hence no other colour options). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4WhPCXf1vo

Edited by Krispy Audio

I thought this was a thread about the State Rail Authority and Victorian Railways.

I'm shattered. Arrows cannot make up for it.

Guest glakey

I touched base with the boys of SRA a few years ago as they were naming some of their products after classes of US Nuclear submarines and given the penchant for isolation/decoupling/noise elimination I was curious.

Some of their brains trust did indeed have submarine quieting experience and would have benefitted from the near bottomless pit of money dedicated to making the boats extremely quiet.

Regards,

George

I like that 5th pic with the bongos, candle & nipple clamps in it, which I want back by the way.

On a more seriouser note, it is great to see you getting some really world class gear into your own system that people can audition at the drop of a call. It's quite surprising to use these platforms on a surface that you thought was isolated.

If that is the case they could do worse than having a good look over your avatar. It is an Oberon, isn't it?

Guest glakey

I served on Oberons from 1988 to 1993 then COLLINS from 93 to end 2008.