World Music: Currently Spinning

14 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Harry Belafonte, ‎ Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert. RCA ‎ SLB10815 2 × Vinyl, LP, Stereo Box Set  C.1959, Australia.

Really enjoying this concert from 60 years ago & to think Harry is still going strong.

Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert (Vinyl, LP, Stereo) album cover 

yep, Harry turns up in Spike Lee's latest BlacKKKlansman!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Harry Belafonte, ‎ Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert. RCA ‎ SLB10815 2 × Vinyl, LP, Stereo Box Set  C.1959, Australia.

Really enjoying this concert from 60 years ago & to think Harry is still going strong.

Belafonte At Carnegie Hall - The Complete Concert (Vinyl, LP, Stereo) album cover 

picked up the German Teldec pressing (stereo) in excellent condition and an Italian pressing (mono) for $5 each at last year's 3MBS sale!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian McP said:

picked up the German Teldec pressing (stereo) in excellent condition and an Italian pressing (mono) for $5 each at last year's 3MBS sale!

Mine came from a deceased estate & has been well looked after, great SQ. The Au pressing has that weird conf. disc 1= S1/S4 disc 2= S2/S3. I thought i had lost the plot there for a while, trying to work out which side i was listening to. Then i put my glasses on.....

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters

Latin Music Best Hits

Basically a compilation of Spanish/Latin American greats played by The Percy Faith Orchestra, and The Xavier Cugat Orchestra, with three tracks performed by Mexico's answer to The Buena Vista Social Club, Trio Los Panchos. This Trio I will search out more of, they are quite a discovery. The more I play this album, the more I envision how my mother would have liked it.  @Dave O))) you were correct about the faces on the rear cover.

1542279191600379719813.jpg

• Like 1