Terribly sorry about this.....

so, been a while again, Howdy, still logging in occasionally and reading, just dont post much.... 

I ended up resolving the problem with my blown tweeter in the XQ5's, i took them to a couple of repairers but eventually ended up taking them to speakerbits in Melbourne, they repaired them in good time (couple weeks) and great price i thought.... 400ish from memory, was ages ago... back to sounding nice...

since been looking for a new amp again, after much reading, probably chasing a musical fidelity for the warmth to go with the brightness of the XQ5's, would like to spend as little as possible obviously, but realistic spend in the 2-2.5k for something 10-15yo. i made contact with another member here the other day because i saw his wanted add on gumtree, we have been looking for similar amps for similar money, 

Id be all over the kw500 on here if it was cheaper. i remember seeing a kw550 go for 2500 on here probably a year back. be nice to find similar, or a m6i etc. iv seen the a308 in sydney, but i think 3k is a tad over my budget for that amp,

back to back reviews normally say the other MF amps a touch newer are better sounding. anyone have something or know of something?